Guns in Chicago

Discussion in 'Illinois Gun Forum' started by Flat Tire, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Flat Tire

Flat Tire New Member

So Chicago has been in the news a lot lately, where do the criminals get their guns ? And how do you stop that ?

2. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

Where? The same black market that provides all the drugs and other contraband.
    How to stop it? You probably can't, at least not completely. See: The "War on Drugs." Anyone think a "War on guns" will work any better?

3. hiwall

hiwall Active Member

Illegal guns could possibly be stopped temporarily by using all law enforcement and all military to do simultaneous house to house and all commercial buildings searches throughout the USA without warrants or warnings.
    Is that something you would condone?

4. Flat Tire

Flat Tire New Member

Were you born in america ?

What about a ten year sentence added to any sentence for the crime of committing a crime with a gun? And add ten more years for using a stolen gun?

5. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

The guns are stolen, straw purchases, black market, etc. If you run in the right (wrong) circles, I don't think an illegal gun would be difficult to get at all. That's why mine are always locked or with me. i hope none of my guns ever become a "stolen gun".

6. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

Illegal/stolen guns are imported by criminal elements to areas where they are most needed. Supply and demand. Ask Holder, he is good at it.

7. Flat Tire

Flat Tire New Member

Is there any type of effort to go after the illegal guns ?

8. hiwall

hiwall Active Member

I told you about the only way.

Chicago has a very poor record of prosecuting gun "crimes". There are a large number of laws on the books regarding guns(especially in Chicago). This seem to not be working well. I seriously doubt if added laws would make any difference at all. And if added laws were passed would they be prosecuted?
    Many people don't realize the sheer number of guns in the USA. More than a million are added per month.

9. johnr1943

johnr1943 New Member

Easy... just repeal the Second Amendment! :eek:

10. GTX63

GTX63 New Member

Robbery, B&E, illegal imports/gun running. It is a simple and old formula, follow the money. Gangs, drugs, prostitution. The question of "How do you stop it?" would be better phrased "What are you willing to do about it?"

11. johnr1943

johnr1943 New Member

They seem to have the resolve to take OUR firearms away... but no real commitment to stem the illegal flow of theirs. :mad:

12. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Oh, how about just enforce the second amendment ?

I sit here, in this sprawling suburb. Know what's missing? The

constant screaming of sirens, like in NJ, and Illi-noise.

It's QUIET here...:cool:

13. goretro77

goretro77 New Member

Im in a far northern suburb of Chicago, IL. away from the city and away from Crook, er I mean Cook County, IL.

Its also quiet out here too.

14. 25-5

25-5 New Member

It's getting much worse. In broad daylight you can't shop Michigan Ave. or jog in Lincoln Park without being mugged by groups in their late teens. I live outside the city and stay here.
    The city gov., police, and justice system are inept, and generally criminals themselves.

15. hiwall

hiwall Active Member

..........Truth......

16. KJG67

KJG67 New Member

You have to wonder why Chicago PD won't publish how many of these shooters have valid FOIDs and how many guns were purchased legally. Probably because none of them do. But that would just show the failure of the strickest laws already in place.

There really isn't a problem. Just a blip on the radar. This too shall pass.

That, and this is how they are fighting crime now:
    http://www.suntimes.com/m/21396323-773/cops-knocking-on-doors-of-potential-shooters-victims.html

17. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

The first sentence in the article says:

OK. That might work but for one problem. These people probably cannot freaking read!!!!! I mean seriously? They expect this to have any effect whatsoever? Damned fools will probably get shot for knocking on the door in the first place! Wow. The stupid hurts.

I am willing to bet that any one of us could easily obtain an illegal gun within a day. All it takes is cash or maybe some prescription drugs. But I am not willing to put that to the test. Any of the people who travel in those groups could probably score a stolen gun within an hour. The reason for this is that the laws on the books are not enforced to the fullest extent.

18. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Gun control is only a distraction. The corrupt Urban governments need victims to support their election. As long as the Left can identify groups of victims they can hold power. The country never had Gay Rights, Abortion Rights Victims Rights Drug Freedom, Etc. 50 years ago. The American Left has used Tax dollars to feed these movements. Their success has left a trail of failed social experiments.

19. KJG67

KJG67 New Member

Police: knock, knock
    Vikingdad: wat up?
    Police: we know you have illegal guns. Don't commit any violent crimes today.
    Vikingdad: oh, ok

Police: knock, knock
    Potential victim: hello officer
    Police: we know you're potientally a crime victim. Don't be a crime victim today.
    Potential victim: thank you officer for letting me know.

PROBLEM SOLVED! The Chicago Police Superintendent is a genius!!!

(by the way - not picking on you Viking :) - just used you as an example)

Last edited: Jul 28, 2013
  20. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

Here's a novel idea, let's stop the war on drugs and guns and other inanimate objects and start a war on criminals.