Guns in bars in Iowa

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by maddog1618, Dec 24, 2011.

1. maddog1618

maddog1618 New Member

Can guns be legally carried in bars in iowa?

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

This is a link to a summary of the Iowa law: Iowa Concealed Carry Permit Information

You may NOT carry a firearm inside city limits- open of concealed, without a permit.

If you have a concealed carry permit, you CAN carry in a bar. You cannot drink while carrying, nor be under the influence of a controlled substance.

3. maddog1618

maddog1618 New Member

Thanks for the reply

4. USMCjtm

USMCjtm New Member

You CAN drink while carrying in a bar in Iowa, if you are intoxicated (0.08) then your permit is automatically voided. Personally, I don't think alcohol and gunpowder should EVER be mixed.

EDIT you can check out the Iowa statutes at iowacarry.org

5. Carpshooter

Carpshooter New Member

This is good to know as I plan to be always packing when I get my permit , cause I only can drink about 2 NA beers and I'm done ! :rolleyes:

6. trip286

trip286 New Member

I don't go to bars myself. Too much drama and the beer costs too much. On the rare occasion that I drink, I get the beer at walmart or the liquor store that I can see from my front door, and I drink it at home with the one guy I drink with.

7. vincent

vincent New Member

Lemme guess...you and ol' granddad? :D Maybe Johnnie Walker and his brothers black and red? :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpzqQst-Sg8&ob=av2e]George Thorogood And The Destroyers - I Drink Alone - YouTube[/ame]

8. trip286

trip286 New Member

Can't view videos on my phone lol. But I wasn't trying to be funny, the only guy I drink with is my best friend from high school, we've known each other for about ten years now and I know how he's gonna act.

I'd knock back a few with my brother but he's stationed out there at el paso.

9. maddog1618

maddog1618 New Member

Yeah I goto the bars to shoot pool not drink but I'd still like to carry there :)

10. trip286

trip286 New Member

I hear that, a table just won't fit in my home either.

11. maddog1618

maddog1618 New Member

Knock out a wall haha

12. trip286

trip286 New Member

I'm in an apartment, although I think my neighbor would be totally down with that!