Guns for flu shots

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by magnumman, Dec 2, 2012.

1. shadecorp

shadecorp Active Member Supporter

W T F??
    And how many of those evil guns will be stolen.

2. rhyno13

rhyno13 New Member

So let me get this straight, I give you thousands of dollars in guns and I get a free flu shot? I'll just pay the $25 for the shot........

3. MoreAltitude

MoreAltitude New Member

What a great idea, wish I'd thought of it! I'm bringing in the competition, I'll pay for your flu shot and a $5 iTunes card. Special offer for you FireArmsTalk folks, receive an additional lotto ticket for every trade in. Can't wait for all the 1911's and AR's you guys will be sending me...

4. magnumman

magnumman New Member

Ya words can't describe how stupid this is.

5. eltoro

eltoro New Member

These gun buy back programs are great I have been ablt to get rid of old junk there for more than it's worth LOL. I got $150 gift car for walmart once for a jennins .22 ;)

6. AIKIJUTSU

AIKIJUTSU New Member

LOL!!! :D :D :D :D :D
    Since you can get free flu shots almost anywhere, you'd be giving away guns that if you kept them they may be able to be sold as antiques some day.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2012
  7. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

I'm with you. I got to go to the bank and get to Walgreens. Ttyl.

8. AIKIJUTSU

AIKIJUTSU New Member

Just for the record, I think you'd be getting screwed on both ends. You'd be giving away a gun or guns, and the flu shot may turn out to be the worse trade you ever made. My brother-in-law got a flu shot that put him in the hospital for 4 days. He had an allergic reaction to the stuff the "dead" virus was suspended in, and turned red as a tomato, his lungs and bronchial tubes swelled shut, and he had a hell of a fever. They had him on life support, with a respirator, and lots of tubes and electrodes. I'd have a hard time thinking that was better than getting the flu.

9. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

and yet there are morons who will do it. What was it P.T. Barnam said? "There's a sucker born every minute..."

10. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

I did see one bright spot ion the article. Evanstown IL. basicly said, "In what reality do they think this will work?"

My veiw on it, Some people are geneticly prediposed to having a much higher chance of winning a Darwin Award. Those are the type of people who genrally, in all likelyhood, should not have guns anyway. Anyone who would trade a gun worth hundreds of dollars for a $50 gift card, and a shot that their insurance usually will cover for free, are not smart enough to see reason. No offense intended to the poster who traded in the Jennings, I only keep mine because it was my mother's, not because it is of "high quality". Most of the time, that flu shot will only protect you from last years flu virus. It won't do jack for preventing this years version, but hey, to each their own.

11. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I have a better idea. They can give me the guns and I'll give them the flu. I love capitalism. ;)

12. xring3

xring3 Member

Buybacks remind me of one they had in Kansas City.....someone turned in one of those Guide Lamp .45cal Grease Guns made during WWII....somehow I think THAT ended up in the Chiefs gun collection.

13. Brue182

Brue182 New Member

Ill buy you a flu shot give me your guns.

14. girlsluvguns2

girlsluvguns2 New Member

I can't believe they actually had over 2,000 guns turned in. Can't see any gun owners I know letting their guns go unless its out of their cold dead hands.

15. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Random Fact.

Flu shots are basically worthless. The influenza virus mutates every year, so the vaccine your getting is actually for last years flu. Chances are, it won't stop this years flu. It is also impossible to catch the flu from a flu shot, because the virus in the vaccine is dead. If you get the flu, it's because it was for last years flu, not this years.

So they are literally giving away their guns for nothing.