Gunowners for a Free America thread

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by texaswoodworker, Oct 25, 2011.

1. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Ok, here is the official thread. First thing we need to do is set up the rules, bylaws, and directives. We also need to decide how people will become a member. Any suggestions?

2. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Rules, bylaws etc can be a derivative of the current ones in place on FTF and tailored towards the thread. As far as membership I'm clueless on that since I don't know how this whole thing started. Maybe membership could be determined by number of total posts with a minimum amount needed to come in.

3. texaswoodworker

Read the UN small arms treaty again thread for more info but pretty much how this thing started is the UN is after our guns, Obama supports it, and we want to defend our rights.

4. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Texas sign me up. I'm with you....they can pry my guns out of my cold dead hands. I might have the necessary means to set up our own website. Pm me if you're interested. We can see if we can get the ball rolling asap. I'll start recruiting right away. I think GFFA fits just right. Rolls off the tongue.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  5. bkt

bkt New Member

I've always been partial to Mike Vanderboegh's explanation of what a "Three Percenter" is. Maybe it will provide some food for thought.

What is a "Three Percenter"?
    During the American Revolution, the active forces in the field against the King's tyranny never amounted to more than 3% of the colonists. They were in turn actively supported by perhaps 10% of the population. In addition to these revolutionaries were perhaps another 20% who favored their cause but did little or nothing to support it. Another one-third of the population sided with the King (by the end of the war there were actually more Americans fighting FOR the King than there were in the field against him) and the final third took no side, blew with the wind and took what came.

Three Percenters today do not claim that we represent 3% of the American people, although we might. That theory has not yet been tested. We DO claim that we represent at least 3% of American gun owners, which is still a healthy number somewhere in the neighborhood of 3 million people. History, for good or ill, is made by determined minorities. We are one such minority. So too are the current enemies of the Founders' Republic. What remains, then, is the test of will and skill to determine who shall shape the future of our nation.

The Three Percent today are gun owners who will not disarm, will not compromise and will no longer back up at the passage of the next gun control act. Three Percenters say quite explicitly that we will not obey any futher circumscription of our traditional liberties and will defend ourselves if attacked. We intend to maintain our God-given natural rights to liberty and property, and that means most especially the right to keep and bear arms. Thus, we are committed to the restoration of the Founders' Republic, and are willing to fight, die and, if forced by any would-be oppressor, to kill in the defense of ourselves and the Constitution that we all took an oath to uphold against enemies foreign and domestic.

We are the people that the collectivists who now control the government should leave alone if they wish to continue unfettered oxygen consumption. We are the Three Percent. Attempt to further oppress us at your peril. To put it bluntly, leave us the hell alone.

6. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Ah yes the good ole UN. Down with them, they have been trying to do that for years and they are getting closer and closer each day. Sign me up!

7. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Must be able to legally buy a firearm in order to become a member must be a cornerstone of the organization.

8. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

+1 but how would we know really?
    I'm all for it Ben, really I am. The site should represent the 2nd amendment as well as state laws. It should be a place where people can go to learn and how they can stand up for their constitutional rights as an armed citizen. Give them advice on how to choose the right firearm, firearm safety as well as training techniques. (At least in my head that sounds about right)

9. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I'm already seeing a shield, red, white and blue bars vertical it's entire length, with a black "3%" centered and filling 75% of the shield. This could be patch or pin to show membership loyalty.

10. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Is it sad Texas hasn't even responded about official membership yet and I've already drawn up a logo? Eel!

11. texaswoodworker

I'm here! I didn't get any sleep last night so I passed out.:D

BKT, the three percent thing is very interesting. 3 million sounds more reasonable than 80 million. It would still be nice to get the whole 80 million though.

Tek, I like to logo idea. I want to hear your idea too g17.

g17, We'll have to talk about the website. We need to find out how we are going to do everything first though.

Now for the official business

What are our directives? What will we do for the gun community? Will we sue for our rights like the NRA does? Will we try to get so many members that we can out vote the anit gun liberals? What will we do?

As for money. Do we even want to deal with it? Free membership would help get more members. Do we want to accept donations? (I don't know the laws concerning this.)

Membership, Do we want it to have the same requirements as FTF membership?

Rules for officers. How many do we need, How do we choose them, Ect. (I know I'm the one choreographing much of this but I have a feeling like someone else may do a better job at this than me. I really have no freaken idea how to run something like this.) Do we want this to be a direct democracy (one vote per person regardless of race, religion, sex, age, ect)

What else do we need?

12. trip286

trip286 New Member

The logo needs to be drawn up and distributed. But how about making the "3" blue? or even blue and white stripes with a blood red "3"? Just a thought. I want the tattoo!!

Texas, I wish I could be more help with organizing and all, but I think the best I can do is vote on issues. I don't have an organizational mind at all, or know much about getting the thing done.

Issues covered so far:
    1. Direct democracy-I'm for it
    2. Age Limit-old enough to buy a gun from a dealer sounds good to me. Notice that this also means they are old enough to vote?
    3. Official Website-definitely a plus.
    4. Money and donations-IMO, do that later, figure out what we would do with money and donations first.
    5. What we want to do-I want to out vote the anti gun crowd. Petitions. Increase awareness of 2A rights and freedoms. Introduce as many people to our way of life as we can (our sports, ideals, beliefs) Can we say Uncle Ted style?

I think the number of officers should be directly related to the population of the group. Like our country's government was originally supposed to be.

We do need to be able to get a feel for any applicants, at least until/if the group gets too big to do so.

13. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Not to sound paranoid, but a red 3 is not a good idea. We want to avoid giving the anti-gun crowd a 'bloody' number prominently displayed.

14. trip286

trip286 New Member

Very well. Black sounds fine when you put it that way.

15. texaswoodworker

Sounds good to me. We'll have to get the logos drawn up and see how they look. Ok, lets just forget about the money for now, All it would do is complicate things anyways. g17, you said you could cover the site, will it cost anything to get running?

16. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Texas my mother was a web designer for MU. I can talk to her to see what we can do to get it going.

17. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Texas as far as fees go, I agree. We can work out the kinks later. I think free is the best route and then possibly accept donations or something. Membership should I think first start off as from the forum. Senior members on the forum have voting rights the junior members don't. Once they get senior member status on the forum, they get voting rights. Make sense? We should start with just informing people about their constitutional rights from the second amendment and as stated before by me; firearm safety and training techniques. Just ideas....

18. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

TexasWW, don't shy away from donations too quickly. There are no complications to setting up a PayPal or other "free" account that can accept donations and since it is a donation, you have no duty or liability to the person donating.

It's when you set up for memberships that you have to have someone managing it full time, sending out reminders, collecting payments, updating membership rolls, sending out marketing materials, etc. this would be something you would tackle later if you decided to, but donations should be available from day one for the loyal - you will need them.

19. texaswoodworker

Sounds good.

How many posts does it take to become a senior member?
    I can see how that would be a good idea, but later when we start recruting people from the rest of the web, that could become a problem. It may be easier to give everyone the right to vote but give senior members other privilages along with voting.

20. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

How many posts does it take to become a senior member?
    I can see how that would be a good idea, but later when we start recruting people from the rest of the web, that could become a problem. It may be easier to give everyone the right to vote but give senior members other privilages along with voting.[/QUOTE]

As far as I know it's 200 posts to become a senior member. And yes, further down the road it would cause problems recruiting from the web but we gotta have a starting point. After the web gets up and going, the "senior members" can vote on non forum members getting their right to vote on club matters.