Gunbroker listings: All-time high

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Mercator, Jun 6, 2014.

1. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

The number of auctions on Gunbroker is a good indicator of consumer confidence in the firearms market. After Newtown and on the eve of Obama's reelection, the number dropped from its highest at about 120K to lower 60's-upper 50's.

It stayed low during the Winter of Discontent (2012-13). I bet a bottle of brandy that a factory new AR15 would not sell for less than $900 again. I lost, before the end of the year.

The index climbed up slowly but steadily. It has just topped 150K listings. Irrational exuberance? How much longer will this buyer's market last? Are people getting giddy trying to sell, forgetting the last hangover? Are you doing anything different to hedge your bets this time?

2. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

Don't wanna respond? Fine. This nation's human trash is on a shooting spree. From your Most Underestimated Free Advisor. One word. Buy. It's coming. And don't say I haven't warned you. :)

3. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Spoken like a true salesman. :p
    I have an AR stripped lower I am willing to part with for the low, LOW price of only $999.99! You read that right; under a thousand dollars for an infamous black rifle*.

*Infamous black rifle consists solely of a stripped lower receiver which is a BATFE firearm. Rifle is incomplete and some assembly is required.

No offense and none taken

4. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

Yep. It's a great time to buy.

5. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Dude, stop telling folks to buy, I don't need the competition. :p

6. therewolf

therewolf New Member

IMO, it just means a lot of folks rushed out and bought guns they

knew little about, tried them, found it wasn't as easy as all the

hype they read, and are now trying to re-sell guns they should