Gunbroker.com

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by paulclay03, Jan 18, 2013.

1. paulclay03

paulclay03 New Member

Anyone ever use this site? To or not to...that is the question. I am looking at A Taurus pt92ss from that site. They seem pretty hard to find. So with tax, ffl, and shipping I'm up to 610.

2. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

I've used it ... more good than bad but the bad was 2 shops that didn't have what they claimed they had and when I contacted them to ship they tried to sell me something else :(

3. Renegade44

Renegade44 New Member

I called the dealer directly on Gun broker to confirm in stock and just payed and bypassed Gun broker.
    I tried setting up an account with them to sell. They said my information was suspended because it was suspicious. They wanted a copy of my drivers license and mail from my house. I told them to shove it. I've lived in my house for 13 years and worked for the same company the same. I don't give my driver's license out freely.

4. paulclay03

paulclay03 New Member

Thanks for the feedback, I have actually already reached out to the dealer. Hopefully I can close a deal and possibly pick it up as it just happens to be in state.

5. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

I've used it several times with good results but never to spend over $600 on a Taurus :eek: :p

6. hawaiifrank

hawaiifrank New Member

I just started using them December. So far I've won and received a box of 50 rnds of 9 mm Blazer ammo and a Hi-Point 9 mm. Today I should pick up a Taurus PT22.

The ammo was my first bid and first win--start small, right?--and I probably paid about the right price at $11.50, but the shipping of $7 made the total way too much. First lesson learned, mentally add the shipping cost to your bid and test for good or bad deal before you bid. In this case, it was actually a good thing though because the ammo shelves here are bare except for some shot shells and a few weird calibers that no one has. If I hadn't bought overpriced ammo, I'd not had ANY ammo to shoot in my second item won. Second lesson learned, GB.com offers a wide easilly searched marketplace

7. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

I'd bet many learned that lesson the hard way :eek:

8. hawaiifrank

hawaiifrank New Member

Sorry hit send in error....

...marketplace that is very convenient.

My second bid and win, the 9 mm Hi-Point, was a little better deal, but the $20 shipping and the $25 FFL transfer fee didn't help. Again, though, at least one online local source was Out of Stock on this model and I'd never seen or heard of this brand before even when we weren't in the middle of a gun/ammo shortage. If I had stuck with only my LGS, I'd still be looking. Lesson 3, it's a big market place.

My third bid turned into a Buy It Now purchase. The used PT22 has a pink poly frame and I'be never seen one like that. I suspect it was stripped, dyed and reassembled and of course my wife, who is not comfortable with my (admittedly ugly) 9mm, thought a pink gun was a pretty neat idea. So, I just paid the Buy It Now price to end the auction and win it. It should be here today.

Overall, I say GB wad a good experience. Easy, fast and, if you check prices elsewhere and know what your upper limit should be, you can get a deal. You can certainly find what you're looking to buy. For safety, I'd say stick with sellers who have a track record of at least a handful of past sales and, of course, a good rating. Some vendors have thousands of sales to their credit. Quite a lot of them are LGS around the country.

9. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Yup, purchased 4 through dealers there. Just like with any online sales Site, look at the dealer rating or number of transactions. Ask questions and don't bid until you've received a satisfactory response.

10. Ruger22lr

Ruger22lr New Member

I got my Mosin Nagant off that website and it's fine.

11. shnorse

shnorse New Member

I recently sold my WASR 10- ak for 700 bucks and my stag arms AR15 for 1400.. I bought them both for considerably less when new and im VERY happy with those prices.. Got to shoot them for 4 years and still made alot of money back..

I'm about to post up 360 rounds of 7.62 x 39 tullamo and some .223

12. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Take a look at my thread in the 1911 area.
    I, and so many of my customers, have not reported any problems with GB.

13. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

I've sold through gun broker and had no issue. Ive bought ammo, firearms and holsters from the site as well. My experiences were good.

14. jgoertz

jgoertz New Member

I bought a Colt LWC through them and because it was from out of state my FFL fee and shipping were covered and then some by not having to pay sales tax (9.5%). I guess I paid close to MSRP total. Had a couple of questions so I called. Very pleasant people to talk to and deal with.

15. paulclay03

paulclay03 New Member

Thanks everyone for all of the feedback. I did decide to "pull the trigger" on that Taurus PT 92. I wanted it in stainless. None of my local shops carried it and would take a couple months to order. And would have paid close to 100 - 150 more in store. Satisfied with my purchase.

16. kbd512

kbd512 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I've used GunBroker for a while now, along with GunsAmerica and GunAuction. I've never had a problem with any of my purchases or sales. I'm sure I'll use it long enough that sooner or later I'll have a bad experience, but most people who sell guns abide by the terms of the auction.

17. zeke4351

zeke4351 Member

I have sold and bought guns on Gunbroker and I have had nothing but great luck. I have learned a lot using Ebay in the past and I apply the same principles when using Gunbroker. You need to beware and know what you are doing on any of these sights. You can be easily had if you don't know what to look for.

18. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

I've been very pleased with Gunbroker.

19. clearsights

clearsights New Member

I've had a few purchases through them and they have been great.

20. caboutin

caboutin New Member

Best place to purchase a weapon!!!