Gunbroker.com

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by rnuover, Jul 30, 2008.

1. rnuover

rnuover New Member

Have any of yall used gunbroker.com? If you have what has your experience been. What do the gun shops usually charge you to have the guns sent to them?

Thanks, Chris

2. JWIII

JWIII New Member

I have... you can find good deals... Shipping for long guns is around $20-25; hand guns $10-15...

But, it's kind of like eBay, you'll find a few over priced sellers, and some who over charge on shipping, etc...

You just have to keep browsing for the best deal.

Another tip that might help. When you have to do a dealer transfer; try a pawn shop. Most gun stores charge $45.00, but I found a pawn broker that does it for $20.00.

3. NYPD13

NYPD13 New Member

I Tend To Check With Gunbroker First As The Local Selection Can Be Limited And Prices Inflated. Many Sellers On That Site Tend To Be Ffl Dealers So Transactions Are Quick And Painless. Word Of Caution Though, Once You See How Easy It Is To Find And Get What You Need It Becomes Addictive$$$ Shipping Has Been Around $20 And I've Got A Ffl Whom Does My Transactions For $25. If You Don't Know Who To Have A Firearm Shipped To Gunbroker Supplies A List Of Ffl's In Your Area. Again It's Really Easy.

4. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

I shop GB and auctionarms.com Use the "find a FFL" function, and you can find a transfer dealer in your area. Here in central VA, prices for a transfer range from $10 to $50- up to the dealer. For newer guns, usually buy from local dealer- shipping costs + transfer fees run up auction prices. However, if I am looking for a rifle that went out of production in the 1940's, well, on line is usually best way. Check feedback for seller closely, read description, look at pictures, and remember "there is no such thing as a free lunch."

5. rnuover

rnuover New Member

Awesome, Thanks a lot guys.

6. hudd357mag

hudd357mag New Member

My gun range does transfers for $10 for members and my dealer that sells out of his home does it for $25. I met him off gunbroker when I bought my Sig X5 Competition. Coincidence he was about 15 miles away. Gunbroker is like any other site. Buyer beware. Great deals on one ad and misleading on the other. :)