Gunbroker.com find....

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by m72law, Apr 28, 2011.

1. m72law

m72law New Member

i bought this rifle off of gunbroker a couple weeks ago....for the price i figured i would get a rough POS rifle....but not so,when i broke the rifle down and gave it a good once over....who ever owned it,took very good care of it...it is a kinda odd cal. 7.62x45,i hope the chamber insert that i purchased from numrich works :) "its drying":eek:

incase some of you dont know what it is,its a vz/cz 52 it has a pretty neat side folding bayo,&10rd mag that looks like with a lil modding it will accept AK mags :)

most of the rifles i have seen online dont have a muzzle break...this one has what looks to be an AKtype break?

should have a range report tomorrow if the insert doesnt fly out on me:eek:

Attached Files:

• cz52.jpg
      cz52.jpg
      File size:
      94.4 KB
      Views:
  2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

3. orangello

orangello New Member

Congrats!

I think i saw that one when i was looking for cz52 pistol parts & such. IIRC, seller had trouble finding ammo or something?

I was tempted.

4. m72law

m72law New Member

c3,
    yeah that rd. is kinda hard to come by & is very corrosive...if this chamber insert doesnt stay put,i'm prob going to order up some 220swift cases & make some 7.62x45's...we'll see what happens tomorrow:confused:

orangello,

i'm not sure what was in the auction description about it?...

the guy that sold it was selling it for someone else...i have seen the 7.62x45 ammo for it on gunbroker & the cheapest i've found is .50cent a rd.:eek:

im hoping the little insert works,i know it want be as accurate as the org. ammo,because there will be a 6mm gap between the rd. & riflings in barrel...i have a crap load of reloadable 7.62x39's & just hope the lil insert hangs on,because im not ready to dish out .50cent a rd. for very corrosive ammo thats not reloadable :/

5. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Congrats M. It looks to be pretty clean. I'll be interested to see how the insert works out.

6. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

Very cool rifle. I have actually bought guns simply because ammo was not available. I love a challenge. Have you found your dies yet? Midwayusa.com has a set of RCBS dies available for $142.00. Kind of pricey. But it was the only brand I saw.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  7. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

These rifles rock. When they were brought in we had the ammo stacked ceiling high, from wall to wall. About $.06 a rd. Some of my friends and customers bought them, and 10,000-20,000 rds.

Sarco and SOG had the mags, cheap, as recently as last year.

8. m72law

m72law New Member

CA357,

i took her out for a spin this morning,feeding it 1 rd. @ a time,inspected the first 5 cases...they all looked good.i loaded up 10rds. & did a lil mag dump...all 10 cases looked good also:)after cleaning it i checked the chamber insert w/bore light & it looks pretty sound....still dont like the idea of loctite holding it in place:eek:if it comes out on me,i wonder if a gunsmith could silver solder or pin it in place?

Rick1969,

it is a pretty cool rifle...kinda heavy,but it helps tame the lil bit of recoil it has,not much more kick than a .22mag
    as for reloading for the rifle,im sure it would be worth it,as i dont know how accurate these rifles are...but the 7.62x45 rd. kinda looks like a x39 on steroids...but as for paying more for dies then what i paid for the rifle...i just dont know about that???....i did see a set of used dies on gunbroker for 50bucks 'buy it now'...guess if i see some more dies popup on there i better snatch them up.

M14Rock,

the rifle is a rocker,i like the trigger group assembly on this rifle the most (kinda like a small M1garand)w/a very nice crisp,clean pull...the gas system is something kinda weird though:confused:never seen anything like it...as for cheap mags...only place i have looked for any was at numrich,& they where not so cheap...i really think w/ very little work,an AK mag will fit & function in this rifle....i know they made a 52/57 rifle that shoots the x39 rd. & have heard that you need these types of mags in the x45 rifle if using a insert or having the barrel set back & rechambered....when i loaded mine with 10rds,it fed just fine...do you have anymore of this ammo left?

9. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

I don't have any ammo left. But it was within the last year that I saw it somewhere for a decent price. Let me see if I can find it again. It was on one of my usual sites.

10. m72law

m72law New Member

10/4 M14...thanks

11. pagj17

pagj17 New Member

You paid less than 150 for it?... maybe I'll put this ahead of my desire to get a garand.... hmmmmm...
    and that's one heck of a gorgeous rifle.

12. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

I have a few rounds left from 20 years ago. Cool rifle.