Gun you've been disappointed with

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by IowaShooter, Nov 15, 2017.

1. EclecticShooter

EclecticShooter Well-Known Member

Funny, mine was a Glock 22 and most of my time beforehand was spent with 1911s and Colt revolvers.

Dallas53 likes this.
  2. EclecticShooter

I had an H&K USP .45 for about a year before selling it. It was a leo trade in and was made extremely well, never had a malfunction. But the grip was akward for me and the trigger left a lot to be desired. I somewhat regret letting it go but not so bad. My biggest regrets are the ones I didn't buy.

Dallas53 and ramjet like this.

3. Viking

Viking Well-Known Member

I took care of my last regret, I traded an XDm .40 for a S&W M&P .40 Shield, I'm happy, just have to shoot it more often.

IowaShooter likes this.
  4. TheDreadnought

TheDreadnought Active Member

I have this exact problem with Glocks and some other guns. Trigger guard just isn’t big enough. It’s something I look at specifically when considering a new purchase now.

EclecticShooter likes this.
  5. ramjet

ramjet Member

[​IMG]

Dallas53 and 1911NUT like this.
  6. PANDEMIC

PANDEMIC Well-Known Member

None, I'm not dissapointed with any of my guns. Not everyone can afford to even own 1 firearm reguardless of how good or crappy it is or what caliber it might be. To own more than 1 firearm is something to be grateful for when their are others who cannot afford even 1 which in return leaves them defenseless.

Dallas53 likes this.
  7. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

Diamond Back 308 (AR-10)! :( A friend got one at a recent FNRA event and we put a 1 x 4 Luepold on it and the scope was great, but we tried 4 different loads and the best we could get was 3+ inch 3 shot groups (100 yds)!!!:oops: Disappointment!:(

8. Mouser

Mouser Well-Known Member

Add to the list CZ Reaper Magnum...full blown rants available in the shotgun section of this forum...customer service gets an "F" on this one as well....so bad, I'm taking extra time to spread the word as far and wide as i'm able....buyer beware. The shotguns are not the pistols...love my CZ pistols. The shotgun I bought and customer service (or lack there of) is truly salt on the wounds.

9. Double20

Double20 Active Member

Mine was a Tristar Viper youth model 20 gauge semi auto I got for my wife. I bought it used at Bass Pro. Took it out. It was a single shot. Wouldn't cycle. Took it back and they discovered the gas piston was missing. Replaced that. Then, it must have had a rough chamber since all it would cycle was Remington Premier STS hulls. Luckily I reload and could keep the gun fed with those hulls without the high cost of that ammo. Then the charging handle flew off. They sent me another one. Then the firing pin broke. They sent me another one. Then the actual bolt broke in half. 2 pieces. I gave up at that point. Didn't even try to fix it after that.

1stnamebassist likes this.
  10. hartgk01

hartgk01 New Member

Sig mosquito

worst gun l ever owned. Couldn't even sell to a friend. Traded it at local Ltd at a 50% lose.
    i didn't card as l was ready to throw it in the St John's river. Went back to the factory and still had every failure as before.

ramjet likes this.
  11. rccub23

rccub23 New Member

taurus judge. never could bring myself to like it.

Jack Ryan likes this.
  12. IowaShooter

IowaShooter Well-Known Member Supporter

My Judge is a keeper
    A hoot to shoot

0714180906_HDR.jpg

Dallas53 likes this.
  13. SK2344

SK2344 Active Member

Every Taurus Firearm has been a disappointment for me. Both 9mm and .380. I sent them all to the Taurus Graveyard!

jackrich3 and Shopfox like this.
  14. IowaShooter

IowaShooter Well-Known Member Supporter

Wow-- you've had bad luck...

I'm a Taurus fan boy... I've had many make-model-calibers over the last 8 yrs... All have been satisfactory performers

No more problems with Taurus than I've had with Rugers, S&W and other 'name' brands

Revolvers
    Model 82 .38 spl
    Taurus Tracker .357
    Model 990 9-shot .22lr
    The Judge .45-.410
    Model 85 .38 spl

Pistols
    TCP .380
    Curve .380
    Spectrum .380
    PT 709 9mm
    PT 111 9mm
    PT 845 .45acp
    PT22 Poly .22lr

Plus a
    Rossi lever action .45colt

Dallas53 and ramjet like this.
  15. tazzman55

tazzman55 Active Member

Calico carbine.
    A real POS that I was happy to see go down the road.
    Never was able to make it feed right.
    The sights and trigger were horrible.
    And over all it had the feel of something made by Mattel.
    (Mattel made some fine toys, just nothing I would want to bet my life on.)

Dallas53 and IowaShooter like this.
  16. .38SuperMan

.38SuperMan Member

About 40 years ago I swapped a camera flash to a friend for a Raven 25acp. It was cast zinc and complete garbage. I didn’t expect much out of it but I’m not sure I could hit a truck with it at 10 feet. I’d probably been better off throwing it.

Shopfox and Dallas53 like this.
  17. Maser

Maser Well-Known Member

18. Dallas53

Dallas53 Well-Known Member Supporter

in all honesty, there have been very few guns I have been disappointed with. first of all I tend to lots of research before buying in the first place. if possible, I have tried to experience for myself what I was interested in buying to get first-hand experience with it to make a final determination before buying.

Rifling82 and jigs-n-fixture like this.
  19. jigs-n-fixture

jigs-n-fixture Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

The Ruger SR556 Takedown. If you stay with the factory iron sights, which adjust for both windage, and elevation at the front sight, it’s ok. You can mount a red dot, and get it adjusted so you’re consistently near the middle of a red dot. But dismount, and remount the barrel and your still in the 6-minute dot, but not near the center.

It might be a good gun to terrorize folks during a bank robbery. But, that isn’t anything I’m into, and isn’t why I own guns.

Rifling82 likes this.
  20. EclecticShooter

Kel-Tec Sub 2000 Gen 2. That thing was a piece of crap. Stuff started coming loose on it less than 100 roubds in.