Gun you've been disappointed with

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by IowaShooter, Nov 15, 2017.

1. IowaShooter

IowaShooter Well-Known Member Supporter

Bought this Dirty Harry Mod 29 S&W .44mag a year ago after lusting after it a long time

Every edge was sharp and it was just average bluing

Was disappointed in the quality so I sold it

What handguns have disappointed you?

IMG_6696-1.JPG

youngridge likes this.
  2. youngridge

youngridge Active Member Supporter

Sig 938...it is a nice gun, just not for me, debating what to do with it, either sell or give it a longer chance. It looks very nice, awesome sights, great shooter but I just can't bring myself to like it. I have a hard time, as in I never have, getting rid of any gun.

3. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

The worst was a Taurus PT92. It went back to the factory 3 times and never did get it to shoot more than 5 rounds in a row. Dumped it at a large loss.

4. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

Mines a weird one... A Luger.. Not a bad gun. I just didnt think it was as great as everybody makes them out to be - All I thought when I had mine was "No wonder this lost to a M1911... :p ". Ended up selling it when I wanted a XM177. Was the easiest gun Ive ever sold, someone bought it in less than 24 hours...

5. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

A Taurus Judge. Got it, shot it, sold it. Dont miss it.

MisterMcCool and Viking like this.
  6. Dallas53

Dallas53 Well-Known Member

bought a used Kimber 1911 once. picked it up for a decent price. personalized it a little, shot it quite a bit, but it just never seemed to live up to all the hype that some owners talked them up to be, or all the adverts in the magazines. actually sold it at a decent profit. and bought another Springfield Armory 1911.

would i buy another Kimber 1911? i might used, but i would never buy one new for the prices they get for them. IMO, they just aren't worth that kind of money.

kfox75, AZdave, CloverLeaf and 2 others like this.
  7. headspace

headspace Active Member

A long time ago, a Dan Wesson .357 Magnum. I don't remember the model number, but you could get different length barrels for it. The one barrel I had for mine was an 8". I'd bought the revolver in hopes of using it in Revolver Class IHMSA competition, but the danged thing kicked burning powder back in my face and on my hands so badly it was downright dangerous.
    I adjusted the barrel-to-cylinder gap about a hundred times, returned it to the factory twice, tried different loads, and it was still dangerous to shoot without wearing full gauntlet leather gloves and a face shield. That little lemon caused me to swear off Dan Wesson anythings forever and ever.

8. phideaux

phideaux Active Member

Five years ago , bought this one from my LGS,
    It was actually the fore runner of the Intratec Tech 9,

He got it on trade , it had never been fired.
    One of only 2 guns I have ever sold,
    It took a winch just to pull the bolt back.

I had to reload some 9mm rounds to magnum loads :eek::D, just to cycle the thing.

Never got it to run thru a full mag ,

Got tired of fighting it ....sold it.
    [​IMG]

Jim

towboater and Dallas53 like this.
  9. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

Bought a Ruger 77/22 in 22 mag. Had really pretty wood on it. Shot Really poor but it was so nice to look at. Sold for a little profit.

towboater likes this.
  10. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Well-Known Member

A early model used G36 .Jamomatic.
    Glock armorer couldn't fix it.
    Got rid of it.

11. Mongo

Mongo Well-Known Member Supporter

Sig P 250F: The biggest disppointment PERIOD. I have no use for any DAO pistol.

12. harkersislandnc

harkersislandnc Active Member

Sig 229 DAK. Solid pistol but the trigger was horrid. My targets looked like I had never shot a pistol before.

glockman55 likes this.
  13. Viking

Viking Active Member

When we lived in the Panhandle of Texas, in my lust for a DA .44 mag revolver, I bought a RG, hated that thing, far too many light duty parts. I still own a XDm in .40 S&W and my targets are just like harkersislandnc mentioned, it's probably going to end up as trade at sometime in the future.

14. CloverLeaf

CloverLeaf Active Member

The one I didn't buy!

SRK97 likes this.
  15. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

My disappointment was also a Luger. A Stoeger in .22 LR. Half dozen trips to a smith and still would not fire a mag without a jam.

Trez, youngridge and towboater like this.
  16. CouveShooter

CouveShooter Member

3EAB223F-F7B4-45BD-B720-2F3983D06ACB.png NAA Guardian .32 ACP... easy to conceal, tough to shoot fast and accurate, cured me of mouse guns.

towboater likes this.
  17. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

The worst I've ever owned is a Browning 1911-,22LR
    horrid trigger, horrid sights, horrid grip safety'
    Would sell it but lost the magazine and Browning won't sell me a spare.:mad:

CloverLeaf likes this.
  18. CloverLeaf

CloverLeaf Active Member

A Taurus 357 and I don't remember the mod. # just could get it to shoot worth a hoot .... And hell I think I STILL have the damn thing!

19. TINCANBANDIT

TINCANBANDIT Active Member

Taurus model 669VR revolver, beautiful gun, looked like a cross between a stainless S&W K frame and a Colt Python, but the mechanical timing was off and the factory never could fix it.

CloverLeaf likes this.
  20. Mouser

Mouser Active Member

Between a S&W Bodyguard because the trigger sucks and sometimes the striker is too light to make the round go bang...secondly my ruger mkIV; love the breakdown feature but the trigger is really aweful...especially compared to my mkII