Gun to protect

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by john, Apr 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KevinG

KevinG Guest

I would suggest whatever firearm you select to carry it in a bolted down gun safe which is readily accessible i.e. key touch pad with spring door and internal light system. Keep a good quality flashlight with the firearm. Do regular maintenance on the firearm and flashlight.

Check out all state and company rules/laws before making your suggestion.

2. FALPhil

FALPhil Member

Shame. You shouldn't have issues at all. I don't see in the constitution anywhere that specifies the exercise of rights requires a permit.

3. Taxpayer

Taxpayer Guest

There's no doubt you have the right to protect yourself but if you drive through any fascist states, you are risking your freedom. You should check the laws in all states you will be passing through and see what kinds of unconstitutional restrictions they place of carrying a gun to protect yourself. Good luck.

4. Samuel Adams

Samuel Adams Guest

Perhaps, unless the local Sheriff actually knows his job and his authority. I refer to the following case study:

http://sianews.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=2911

5. pioneer461

pioneer461 New Member

This is a myth. There is no federal law which specifies OTR carry of firearms. I know it is in lots of handbooks and pamphlets, but I have yet had anyone show me the federal statute on this. If anyone knows which federal law is involved, please post it citing the appropriate code numbers, etc.

If you get non-resident permit in Utah and Florida, that will cover the most states for CCW.

6. arizona

arizona New Member

If your employer does not want you packing then choose something you can carry discreetly. If you shoot regularly a smith j frame would be a good choice.
    My model 642 fits in a pocket,does not scream armed and is always ready.

7. vincent

vincent New Member

Did you notice this thread was over 4 years old? Let sleeping dogs lie...just sayin'...

8. Noggles

Noggles New Member

this is the reference I found. @ Federal Gun Law for CDL Drivers | AskTheTrucker

Title 18 Setcion 926(a). The peacable journey law.

TITLE 18–CRIMES AND CRIMINAL PROCEDURE

PART I–CRIMES

CHAPTER 44–FIREARMS

Sec. 926A. Interstate transportation of firearms

Notwithstanding any other provision of any law or any rule or
    regulation of a State or any political subdivision thereof, any person
    who is not otherwise prohibited by this chapter from transporting,
    shipping, or receiving a firearm shall be entitled to transport a
    firearm for any lawful purpose from any place where he may lawfully
    possess and carry such firearm to any other place where he may lawfully
    possess and carry such firearm if, during such transportation the
    firearm is unloaded, and neither the firearm nor any ammunition being
    transported is readily accessible or is directly accessible from the
    passenger compartment of such transporting vehicle: Provided, That in
    the case of a vehicle without a compartment separate from the driver’s
    compartment the firearm or ammunition shall be contained in a locked
    container other than the glove compartment or console

Pokes the dog and runs away giggling like a school girl.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
  9. Noggles

Noggles New Member

Pokes the dog one more time.

PHMSA Interpretation #06-0165
    Aug 24, 2006
    PHMSA Response Letter
    Aug 24, 2006
    Mr. Richard B. Loden Reference No. 06-0165
    3959 Chestnut Avenue
    Concord, CA 94519

Dear Mr. Loden:
    This responds to your letter regarding the applicability of the Hazardous Materials Regulations (HMR; 49 CFR Parts 171- 180) to the transportation of a loaded personal firearm lawfully carried by a commercial motor vehicle operator while in the performance of his or her duties. Specifically, you ask whether the transportation of such a firearm is prohibited by the HMR under the “forbidden explosives” clause in §173.54(f).
    The answer to your question is no. Unless otherwise specified in § 173.54(f), a personal loaded or unloaded firearm lawfully carried by a commercial motor vehicle operator is not considered in commerce and therefore not subject to the HMR. Under this scenario, a commercial motor vehicle operator who carries a personal firearm while in the performance of his or her duties is subject to local or State jurisdiction regarding such matters. This response has been coordinated with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.
    I trust this satisfies your inquiry. Please contact us if we can be of further assistance.
    Sincerely,
    Hattie L. Mitchell
    Chief, Regulatory Review and Reinvention
    Office of Hazardous Materials Standards
    173.54(f)
    @ http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/CommercialVehiclesAndFirerarms.pdf

Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
  10. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Gents- no one is doing anything wrong- we are closing the thread due to it's age. The original post is from years ago, and like a zombie, wanders about seeking brains. Think the subject has been beat to death by now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.