Gun sneakers

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by KimberFan, Apr 12, 2013.

1. KimberFan

KimberFan New Member

Are there any others out there like me who tend to "sneak" new guns into the gunsafe without wife detection? I'm thinking this has become a fine art. One
    I've quite frankly defined into a notable endeavor over the years. I'm also a "Master" of spontaneous excuses when she detects a new one heading out to the range. "What, this old thing?...why I bought it back when the rocks were still warm....rarely shoot it ya know, look how clean the barrel is, Hon. It needs to be shot or...it'll rot."

I don't see it as marital deceit...I see it as.....uhh.....umm......what the hell were we talking about?

Heyyyy....a new AARP coupon book....whoooaa.

2. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

Sadly, yes I am guilty!

I haven't checked her closet or shoe rack yet, but that may be in order soon.

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I point out the $1000+ of designer pocketbooks gathering dust in the closet and tell her to shut the $@#& up.
    We've been in tight spots before where selling some of my guns (usually for a profit) saved our butts. When she can do the same with her stupid purses I'll give her room to talk.

4. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Ain`t no way in hell, she is the accountant, but she rarely says no if we have the sufficient funds...............

5. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

We have three accounts,
    Our checking,
    Our savings,
    my "hobby".

She went from one who said "There will never be any guns in the house!" to "You don't need to sell any of your guns. Do you have enough ammo?"

With the number of transfers I do, she has no idea what I own. We agreed that I can have 1 gun for every year I am alive (I just have to figure out how to tell her I'm over 104.)

6. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

To the OP-

YOU, sirrah- are not buying her enough jewelry. :D

My lady (born and raised in England) was there one day when the mailman brought me another rifle. "What? Another gun?"

I opened the box. "This is a WW 2 British Lee Enfield. The man that had it had no appreciation of a rifle that gave Britain an empire on which the sun never sat. So I am giving it a good home."

She looked at the rifle. "He is a peasant. Make sure you give it a thorough cleaning."

Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  7. tri70

tri70 New Member

Guilty! I work extra and stash mad money for my hobby.:D

8. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Same here , on the checking, savings and hobby money , My hobby money is mine, I dont care what she spends out of the checking so long as our bills are paid for . Last time I checked I dont think a person needs 50+ pairs of shoes and 10+ purses and I dont complain about those , Doesnt matter anyway , I always show her the new goods and she knows the combo to the safe so it wouldnt matter anyway . :D

9. bigjim

bigjim New Member

My wife was a no guns in the house type when we got married, but after 29 years, it's "why don't you go get yourself a new gun" which means she wants more new jewelery and not the cheap stuff.

Jim

10. duddie10

duddie10 New Member

Its funny u say that. Was woundering why my gun room was open last tuesday only to find my old lady putting a new gun for her self in it. Rolleyes: i gave there the same bs i get :)

11. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

I figured out a great way around this dilema - I bought her a pistol

Attached Files:

12. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

When I was with my ex I pulled though no no this is the same one I just changed this or that. Lol it worked ok cause she didn't ever look at my guns or go in my safe

13. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

Darn. I thought you were gonna' show us some Chuck Taylors painted like a pair of 1911s. :mad:

14. Jake86

Jake86 New Member

I overcame this obstacle by getting rid of her..

15. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

That's what I thought!

And be careful fellas -- I saw a guy kicked out of a forum for starting a thread just like this because, he was told, "ladieth come here too and will take exthepthion to being thpoken about being taken advantage of -- oooga!"

16. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

I don't hide anything from my wife. That just seems silly.

17. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i don't make it a point to show her every gun i buy, but i never hide it from her either. there are some i own or buy that she really has no interest in, such as my bolt actions, but shotguns or pistols, she likes to shoot them almost as much as i do. my wife isn't a gun nut, but she is an enthusiast.

18. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

My wife gave up. She has 3 of her own and has her eye on one of my pistols. She will probably claim it.