Gun shows are bad things

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by ScottA, Mar 12, 2011.

1. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Just picked up a new pistol last month, but I just had to go to the gun show today. That's a bad thing. The show was like throwing gas on a fire.

Next on my list is an all steel 9mm. I've been particularly interested in looking at BHP's and the clones, CZ75&85, and EMP's.

The EMP I've checked out considerably and is still high on my list.

I found out that the Arcus BHP clone has the strangest and possibly most uncomfortable tang I've ever held. Who in the world constructs a tang than curves down into the web of your hand?

The CZ is certainly worth more investigating. Feels pretty good in the hand.

Today was the first day I put my hands on a BHP in probably 16 years. I didn't really know what I was looking at when I shot it originally. I have to say wow. That gun almost melts into your hand. I've got to find someplace to shoot one again.

2. freefall

freefall New Member

I was sorely tempted by a High Power at the Palmer show today. Alas, I blew my wad on a Kimber Compact for The Lovely Mrs.

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Happy wife, happy life. ;)

4. freefall

freefall New Member

She doesn't know how happy she is yet, she got on a plane for AZ last night.

5. freefall

freefall New Member

Hmm... Maybe I don't know how happy she is??

6. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Maybe not knowing is a good thing. ;)