Gun Show visit, Lighter wallet.

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Shihan, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Went to the Gun Show today. I was tempted into purchasing a Baby Eagle in .40S&W. Need to go to the range and see what it is all about. What's everyones take on this Pistol? I like the feel of it.:D
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 31, 2009
  2. divinginn

divinginn New Member

I shot a friends in 45 acp,I was very impressed with it. It was very accurate and handled very well,only shot a few mags through it.

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I haven't handled one very much and the one that I did was 9mm. They seem to be a well made pistol. New guns are good. ;)

4. UnderFire

UnderFire New Member

Congrats!! on the new purchase :D

A friend of mine has the Desert Eagle .50 cal.
    He says when he fires it...it feels like the gun wants to leave his hand.
    When I asked him, why he bought it?
    He answered, " So I can say I have one". :eek:

5. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I had one and thought it was a great pistol. Accurate and never jammed, good ergo's. :)

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

ive got a DE 50 also. took my concealed carry test with it shot a perfect score back in texas. wonderful fun gun to take to ranges. mainly i kept it in my truck as a truck gun. carried a sig p220 most of the time. they are suprisingly accurate, if you can get past the recoil and muzzle blast, i am capable of hitting bowling pin sized targets at up to 100yards with it. not every shot hits but i can get semi consistant hits. the only real problem with them is the recoil springs and extractor springs are kinda cheap and wear out pretty fast. the safety is poorly located and under heavy use even with loctite tend to fall off. at least mine does but i have also run nearly 10k rounds through it over the years between the .44magnum conversion and the .50AE barrel.

even though there are bigger pistol rounds rounds now in functioning weapons it still attracts a lot of attention at the range. nothing draws it like a big bore semi-automatic.

7. Viking

Viking Active Member

One time when I was at the Medford,OR. Sportsman's Warehouse I looked at a Baby Eagle in 40 S&W, it felt very good in my hand. A few months later I was looking at a Stoeger Cougar in 40 S&W which felt very much like the Baby Eagle but cost a lot less. What sold me is when my wife asked "Do you want it"?, I certainly couldn't turn that down and it's become my favorite, I like it more than my XDm 40 S&W. I'm sure I'd be just as happy with the Bably Eagle, but what I really need is a semi-auto rifle like the last Mini 14 I so sorrowfully traded for a auto transmission a number of years ago.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2009