Gun show purchase today

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by Cadoll, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Cadoll

Cadoll New Member

Really was'nt looking to buy another handgun today, just cruisin around checking prices and mostly trying to see how overall mood was among the various gun booths. While visiting with one of the sellers, a guy walked up to him and asked him if he was interested in buying his pistol. "what do you have there" he replied? A browning hi-power he said, how much you lookin to get? Had some offers for 400 but i'd kinda like to get 500. The dealer said he was'nt in the market for a 9mm. Long story short, i gave him 475.00. Stainless-4 mags and he says he paid 500 in 1994 and then he showed me the receipt. Said he only had 1 box of ammo thru it. Have been doing a lot of research on the web and it looks like i did alright on the price. Gun really feels good in the hand, and i love the 13 rnd mag. What do you think? If ican figure out how to post pics from my i-phone i will post pics.

2. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

3. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Cool story...but this thread definitely needs pics.

BTW, I haven't really seen any stainless BHPs. I bet it's either a hard chrome or nickel finish. If it's a 2-tone (see below) from the early 90's, it's probably a Hi-Power Practical. Regardless, any excellent condition Hi-Power for under $500 is a great addition.

[​IMG]
    BHP Practical

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Congratulations. That's an excellent buy. :cool:

But:

[​IMG]

5. Cadoll

Cadoll New Member

Yeah!!! Thats the one. Nice pic. It says signature model on the grip. I had one bullet laying around when i got home.....of course i had to shoot it!!

6. Cadoll

Cadoll New Member

How do i upload from an i- phone?

7. Bushman

Bushman Member

with your browser on your iphone start a photobucket account.
    upload your pics from phone to photobucket.
    copy the link from photobucket and paste it into your post using the pic icon tool.

8. Cadoll

Cadoll New Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Here are some pics..... I think.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2011
  9. towboater

towboater Active Member

Awesome deal!!!!!!!!!

10. Dennis845

Dennis845 New Member

Biggest mistake I ever made was trading in my Browning Hi-Power for a nice looking Kimber. The Browning went bang each and every time, not so the Kimber. Congratulations! P.S. No one probably mentioned this but, where's the pic's?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  11. Cadoll

Cadoll New Member

Still trying to figure out uploads from i-phone.
    Scroll up a couple messages and open with Jpeg

12. Cadoll

Cadoll New Member

Took her to the range today and fired 100 flawless rounds. Man i think i like this gun. Had a guy make me a form fit IWB holster Sunday at the gun show and come to find out that this IWB carried SOB is barely noticeable and realllly comfortable!!

13. canebrake

canebrake New Member

You kids will never learn!

Sometimes the old man has a purpose in his relentless John Moses Browning discipleship!

[​IMG]

14. canebrake

canebrake New Member

If that is the photo of your BHP in post # 8 it was built in 1994.

You got one hell-of-a good deal on that HP!

Here is a good deal on quality mags for your new purchase;

Mec-Gar Magazine Browning Hi-Power 9mm Luger 15-Round Steel Blue - MidwayUSA

15 + 1 flush mount mags by Mec-Gar. They run flawlessly in both my HP's.

Now just ditch the Goodyear grips and get some nice wood for her!

[​IMG]

I've got a brand new pair (same as above ^) of coco bola's with new screws I can let you have for my cost. (~$40)

[​IMG]

PM me if you are interested.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
  15. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Here's a site I've used to pick up MecGar mags for CZ/Browning/Sig on the cheap. I picked up some of the nickel 13rd MecGars for my BHP for about $17 a piece.

16. canebrake

canebrake New Member

I just ordered some 15's for my Brownings. Great prices sweeper! Thanks for the link.

17. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

God damn Cane! :eek: Seriously, how many friggin sweet azzed guns do you have? :p It seems like every thread where someone posts a nice gun you pop in with the crown jewel of the same model. :rolleyes:

Most envious and jealous of your firearms sir ;)

18. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Glad to hear it paid dividends for you. I just sort of stumbled on that site several months ago when everyone was backordered on mags (right after the Tucson shooting)...and I'd just picked up my first Hi-Power. Probably won't be my last.

I still can't figure out which I like better though between the BHP and CZ 75. Both beat the heck outta tupperwear.

19. Cadoll

Cadoll New Member

Replace rubber grips

Yeah i probably should replace grips with wood but damm! After looking at pics on the web of the satin frame hi-power i am not impressed with how they look. I think a set of black hogue grips would look a lot nicer.

20. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

I actually like the tri-color look of a BHP Practical (chrome lower) with wood grips. Kind of adds a 1911 look. But the Hogue wraparounds feel so great that I'll probably simply buy a new set when it's time to get new grips for mine. My BHP gets its share of carry time, so function really trumps form there.

But I really think this is a pretty sweet look:

[​IMG]