Gun Shop in the Basement.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by silverado113, Aug 5, 2012.

1. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Alright I got my display cases in for the shop downstairs and got it together. Now I need some slat walls and some filler but just wanted to see if any of ya'll had some recommendations.

Attached Files:

2. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

You're gonna think I'm crazy, but turn the guns sideways. I find them easier to view that way and to get a better concept of how they should feel in my hands.

3. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

I just see one problem. Where's the 1911? :p :D

It looks pretty good. Have you already gotten some rifle racks set up?

4. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Never thought of that. Thanks.

5. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

I sold it I have to get another one and I'm working on building one of those turn table rifle racks. I actually sold 3 1911's last month. As soon as I was getting them they were walking out the door. :D

6. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Silverado, nice start of a gun business. looks good and i wish lots of luck and lots of business! :D

7. BigByrd47119

BigByrd47119 New Member

Its a good start! Ask your customers their input. Dont promise to make the changes they recommend, but if you do, they will deffenetly feel even more connected to the buisness when they see it. The more opinions the better!

Good luck guy!

8. tacticalfun

tacticalfun Active Member

Good luck sir. Im buying my next one from you

9. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Thanks. I'm working on the entry way now, probably going to put up a wall to separate the shop from the basement living room.

10. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Slatwall can be very expensive. I'd recommend looking for vacant retail spaces and offering to remove it for the landlord for free.

If the owner has any experience with past demolition/remodel costs he'll let you have it for free to save on the disposal cost. Heavy stuff = Hi cost at the dump.

Stay away from any vacant Bed Bath and Beyond stores. I've built those and can tell you the 48 screws per panel PLUS GLUE will make there stuff more trouble than it's worth.

Good Luck

Tack

11. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Nice idea, thanks and I'll stay away from BB&B I can't stand that place when it's open either.

12. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

That looks great!! As far as the pistols go, my local guy uses BMG 50 cases in the trigger guard and it stands them up perfectly.. Or you could use short pieces of like 3/8 wooden dowell. It stands them up and at a nice angle in the case.

13. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Haha...I agree. I've built 2 of them and am pretty tight with their NW Construction manager. I always ask him when he's going to build a Mans building instead of the retail Vagicenters... :)

Tack

14. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

I was looking for some acrlyic dowels but the lady at the hobby store looked at me like I was crazy when I asked her if they had any. Looks like I need to do an ebay search or something.

15. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

16. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

17. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Well, I don't like Yahoo, Bing copies Google, and I don't care for any other search engine, so I still use Google. :eek: :( I'm still pissed they did what they did. :mad:

Something I learned about hobby shops a long time ago is that they NEVER have everything you need. I'd lmao if you took it to her though. :D

18. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

any plastics dealer will have that material in stock. Plastic is easy to work with, seams can be glued water tight in seconds and be just as strong as if it were one piece