gun safe vs burglar

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by eitsurfaise, Nov 2, 2007.

1. eitsurfaise

eitsurfaise New Member

Are there any gun safes that you can open super quickly if a burglar is there? Ultimately wouldn't you want retina or finger print scan on your safe so it just pops open for you? (An interface to where it doesnt make it obvious to intruders that that is how you open it)

2. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

quick gunsafes

There are a few where the safe bolts down (or not) and it has multi-finger combination. Some of these can be spring loaded for faster draw. There's also hidden gun holders concealed behind a clock,picture frame,etc.

3. supergus

supergus New Member

Do an internet search for "biometric gun safes" and you'll find all you need to know and whats available.

4. gunsmokeer

gunsmokeer New Member

partial combination

Well, here's an idea for gun safes with a combination dial:

For faster access, pre-dial the first two numbers of the combination. THen all you have to do to open the thing is turn it in the correct direction to the last number. When you're leaving the house for the day, or when kids are playing unsupervised in the house and you want more security, spin the dial and go back to the regular way of opening it.

5. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

For a handgun, try the Gunvault. Four finger grooves and a chagable combination. For long guns, an electronic combo lock.

6. Righteous

Righteous New Member

cannon dial safes will have a key that locks the dial, so you can set it with one number off them lock the dial , then just unlock the dial hit the number and open it

7. DoubleAction

DoubleAction New Member

If one has small children in the home, I can understand one's concern in locking up all the guns. I know some will disagree with this, and rather go with the creed of teaching children not to touch firearms but I find few children and their friends that I trust that far.

Take children out of the equation, and all one has to deal with is a spouse or girl friend.

I once got caught with my gun put up, unloaded, and ammunition in another place; while burglars broke into our home. My children were young at the time and I felt differently than I do now. Fortunately my bark scared them out of the house, and by the time I got my gun they were gone.

That incident, which happened over twenty years ago, changed the way I've slept ever since. Since then, I've kept a loaded gun and two dogs at my bedside, with one light on at all times.

8. andreagold

andreagold New Member

After three months of safes installation at my farm-house, I got a gun-vault installed as well. I went for multiple lock system and a long numeric code. My 13-year old son wanted to play burglar vs police, so we did a mock drill to find out that it took me more than three minutes to unlock it. Even my son got me before it could access my gun. That was so idiotic, I realized.

9. remi123

remi123 New Member

I teach the kids my own and if someone comes over the guns are looked if not they are in easy reach one light on and dog never without a gun for personal reach and protection

10. FAS1

FAS1 Member

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcJUGuB35y8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcJUGuB35y8[/ame]

No, not for me. I want it reliable and durable. I prefer a stronger built box that will at least buy you a little extra time with a thief, especially if bolted down to something solid. I want it to open every time I need it. No batteries or electronics for any of my stored defensive guns. If you want it even faster, pre-punch all or part of the code when you go to bed. Clear it when you get up.

11. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

A firearm is within arms reach of me at all times. No kids in the house. When guests are over that have kids, I'm wearing it. At night, it's on the night stand right next to me. Kids would be a wild card there.

12. Sgt_Skrb_25

Sgt_Skrb_25 New Member

I would stay away from any finger print scan gimmicks. I work a lot with this technology , it does and will fail. You can't afford that when it counts. I have worked with some that almost register every possible placement when calibrating , and they fail. As others said there a four button vaults that just require a quick pattern to open that are better.

13. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

Liberty Safe is claiming a much improved and reliable scan technology.

Sounds good :)

14. KG7IL

KG7IL Well-Known Member

I like the spring open fronts. . 4 buttons for fingers on top.
    Unlock at night, lock in the morning.

You don't need ANYTHING between you and your firearm when it's needed.

15. FAS1

FAS1 Member

Those safes have been around for years. Liberty simply bought Inprint safes. Adding the Liberty name only changes the marketing effectiveness. To be fair, I have heard less problems with that brand than most of the other biometric ones over the years.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  16. Balota

Balota ... but I used to play keyboards.

For nighttime storage I like my mattress holster. Bracket is pretty big and slides between the mattress and box spring. End of bracket turns down and allows attachment of a simple scabbard. Put your carry gun in the scabbard. You can drape your sheet over it for concealed "carry" if you're so inclined. All other guns locked up properly.

In keeping with our "Pix or it didn't happen" policy...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
  17. ncampbell

ncampbell New Member