Gun Registration? Should we?

Discussion in 'New York Gun Forum' started by Demo9mm, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Demo9mm

Demo9mm New Member

Many NYS troopers have stated that registration will be confiscation. Is anyone gonna register their guns. Are the troopers spreading rumors or has the state began preparing them to confiscate? I am concerned. My cousin is a trooper and told me this. I thought so what, its my cousin. But other troopers who I grew up with are saying the same thing. Plus, everyone knows who the gun guys are. All the state has to do is go through the gun clubs membership (or read my emails). Am I paranoid? Should I be wearing a tinfoil hat? I just want to targetshoot WTF

2. AR10

AR10 New Member

In WWII , many people lingered around Poland, Hungary, Germany itself. Many people left good homes and jobs when the winds of war started to make the air feel funny. The people that walked away early, lived to recount their lives. The people that stayed, many fell into the cracks and we're never seen again.

Not saying our country will splinter like WWII Europe, but it sure looks like winds of war are blowing here like in times past.

We can learn from history, or we can live it all over again.

Seems to me, certain areas of the USA are putting out warning signs. Not little hints, loudspeaker break your eardrum hints that times are changing.

If I lived in NYC, Denver, Omaha, LA, New Orleans, Dallas, Chicago, Detroit, or any big metropolitan city, I would pact up, and move to a small county where the sheriff is the law, and the sheriff is pro guns, and the state is pro guns.

Go when? Go now!

3. WARFAB

WARFAB New Member

No. Don't register. You have quite a bit of time before the registration deadline hits so it's not even necessary at this point. Plus, my understanding is that your first time caught with an unregistered "assault weapon" is only a misdemeanor charge. If you don't leave the state, you can maintain some of your rights by risking the misdemeanor and then registering after the fact.

For anyone actually planning on registering, please make this as difficult as possible for the morons in charge by waiting until the last possible minute to send in your registration. If there is a backlog of unfiled registrations, how can they say for sure you didn't already register your rifle? My guess is it will be a long time after the registration deadline passes before they can actually start enforcing anything.

4. Demo9mm

Demo9mm New Member

My grandmother left Auschwitz Poland because my Great grand father joe saw what was coming. For his family that stayed in Poland their lives were ruined. My gram said they took the guns first. My uncle who stayed and came to America after the war said they were fighting germans with hunting rifles and spears and got their *** kicked. Then the Russians came in.....during the cold war
    we were sending food, toilet paper (no kidding, they did not have toilet paper) and clothing until my gram died in 1997. My grams brothers got to NY and joined the army. They ended up dieing at the battle of the Bulge and are buried somewhere in Europe.

5. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

The only purpose of registration is to allow for easier confiscation. Give them nothing!

6. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

No Registration and no I will not register any of my guns!

7. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

I have a way to really chap their collective azzes. Go to the closest NYSP barracks. Pick up the forms for mailing in, and use them to register your assault rifles. Not your MSRs, the old bolt actions. mausers, Mosins, enfields Etc. Mail them in 2 days before the deadline, then wait for the fun to start. When you are asked why you registered a bunch of old bolt actions, tell them that they ARE Assault weapons because they were used by armies during warfare. This plan works best for those who have moved out of state before the deadline. :D

Personally, I will not say yes or no either way. this is a public forum after all. ;)

8. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

What guns? Lost 'em all in a boating accident.

Registration historically results in confiscation, though that has not yet happened here in CA. Give them time though. They are damn sure working on it.

Words to the wise? Don't keep all of your eggs in one basket.

9. thatonespot

thatonespot New Member

You lost the guns but saved enough eggs to warrant multiple baskets?
    Priorities man :rolleyes:

10. thatonespot

thatonespot New Member

If someone wants my gun numbers, i'll carve it into bobthefed's posterior before they pull out a pen :)

11. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

I figure that none of my guns have ever been stolen, and none of them have ever been used in a crime. If either one happens then I will report it with the serial number at that time. Until then they can shove it where the Sun don't shine.

12. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Pretty soon they will make a law against high capacity baskets.

13. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Nobody needs more than 3 eggs in a meal so there is no reason to have more than that in your basket. AmIright? :mad:

Who cares if you have 2 dozen chickens and a large family. Ain't no reason for you to have more than 3.

14. bowhunter17

bowhunter17 New Member

Under the NY "safe" act, do we have to register all guns or just so called assault weapons? And when is the deadline.

15. KG7IL

KG7IL Well-Known Member

An acquaintance told me of his plight in California.

His solution was to register want he wanted to use as shooters. The rest were in another basket and not registered.

This seems to make sense.

If the law says you must register, then one must realize there will be penalties for guns found not registered.

I would also vote for moving if this unsafe act cannot be thwarted.

16. GTX63

GTX63 New Member

I'd register my XBOX for the warranty.
    I'd register my truck for the right to drive on the roads.
    What is the benefit to me to register my firearms?

17. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

That is pretty much the approach that others use here.

18. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

They only want us to register the "Assault Weapons", not all guns. Yet. Give them time, and they will try to go for all of them.

The deadline for registration is April 15, 2014.

I wonder what would happen if the registration department was suddenly slammed with forms filled out to register crowbars, hammers, kitchen knives, and ice picks. Might be worth making some popcorn, grabbing a beer, and then sitting back to watch the show.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
  19. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

I think that it would be terrifically useful to our movement to do exactly that. Flood the registration system with anything that can be used to assault another person. Even computers, writing instruments, perhaps even words. Or register the law itself, as it is being used to assault our liberties.

It worked in Canada. After a few years they realized that the registry was not doing any good and was enormously costly and they abandoned it. And they were only registering guns!

20. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

Sometimes it’s good to look back in history with the after-the-fact knowledge of what happened and how it came about. This article was printed in “The Rifleman” June, 2001 and it recaps some events leading up to and during WWII in Europe and how gun control was the first step. And how pre-existing gun registration lists were used by the Nazis to ferret out gun owners.

The comparisons to present-day events regarding gun control, in some respects, don’t seem so different. It seems the same ground work is being laid now here as it was there then.

“...Himmler, head of the Nazi terror police, would become an architect of the Holocaust, which consumed six million Jews. It was self evident that the Jews must be disarmed before the extermination could begin.

Finding out which Jews had firearms was not too difficult. The liberal Weimar Republic passed a Firearm Law in 1928 requiring extensive police records on gun owners. Hitler signed a further gun control law in early 1938.

Other European countries also had laws requiring police records to be kept on persons who possessed firearms. When the Nazis took over Czechoslovakia and Poland in 1939, it was a simple matter to identify gun owners. Many of them disappeared in the middle of the night along with political opponents….”

This is the article:

ellis

http://www.stephenhalbrook.com/registration_article/registration.html