Gun prices

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Judge, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Judge

Judge New Member

Do you guys think handgun prices will increase, decrease or remain steady over the next 6-12 months? I ask because I just read an article on-line wherein the author thought prices would decrease a little bit (I find this difficult to believe). No hurry on answering this question...I'm just curious about your opinions.

2. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

I hope the prices have leveled.

3. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

can't be sure. i'll get back to you when my crystal ball gets back from the repair shop!:eek:

it depends on too many variables to accurately predict and those variables can change in a very short period of time. supply and demand, economic climate, political climate, price of raw materials, ect.,,,,,,,

4. Judge

Judge New Member

You think Sig prices will come down or have they remained about the same for the last several years? I'm new to Sigs so I don't have a foundation to guess.

5. hawkguy

hawkguy Well-Known Member

i think we will see good firearm prices IF the powers that be leave well enough alone....

i think the lightly used market will reap the best rewards! i predict you will see a lot of folks dumping "panic buys" very soon, if not now....:)

ammo is another story, i seriously fear ammo will not fall back to pre panic prices...but that may be just my pessimistic viewpoint on the subject matter as of late....:mad:

6. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Supply and demand. Demand is waining, and supply is coming back to normal. I expect level to lower prices.

7. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

They may decrease a tiny bit to get closer to price-before-obama-scare-tactics, but we have 3 more years of this fool, and not only do they like not letting a natural occurring crisis go to waste, they also like manufacturing their own crisis's to keep the ball in their court. Have you noticed how about every other week we are in the middle of some major crisis, and if they (the politicians) don't act now, we will fall over the cliff? :rolleyes:

The next High TV ratings mass shooting will get the Gun debates going again.

8. Judge

Judge New Member

Well, if you had $500-600 to spend, would you buy another handgun or use this money to buy ammo

9. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

That is a choice only the individual can make. I say just keep some $$$ available for a good buy if the opportunity arises, whether ammo or a new to you shooter.

10. hawkguy

hawkguy Well-Known Member

right on! but firearms "supply & demand"...perhaps even more so than most other things... can change dramatically with a whisper overnight....as others have said...wait and see i guess...

but i'm with you...for right now it seems to be stabilizing again.

i have no plans for a new gun at this moment, so i'm not concerned with that...more concerned with the ammo supply & demand lately. imo, as long as you don't pay some outlandish marked up price on the secondary market....any gun you buy at a respectable price from a solid company will hold its value pretty well. if you take care of them, they are decent investments...

if only i could find a way to make ammo an investment....i must admit that is just burning money up....in one of the best ways possible of course! :D

11. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

The high rate of on credit fear driven purchases is slowing down. There will be a surge of used guns hitting the market due to the slowing economy. The cost of new firearms may remain high. The used guns are going to be a buyers market. :cool:

12. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Split it in half. Spend half on ammo for what you have and if possible get a used buy in something you don't have but can get ammo for. My thing now is to make sure both my Wife and I have guns we can still shoot well enough given our physical issues.

13. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Most firearms last a long time. Once the boom is over prices will return to normal or even lower. Manufacturers are buying new equipment while demand is high. They will pass that cost along to the consumer. A year or so from right now baring another sandy hook firearms will be at least as low as last year if not cheaper. Once the current demand drops off people will stop buying guns completely. If it works like I think it will firearms will be cheaper than ever.

14. Donn

Donn Active Member

Depends. Another mass shooting that gets the AWB pot stirring again. Dealers are still riding the wave of the Sandy Hook tragedy. Black rifle prices are right up there and there are no deals on hand guns, (at least around here). The elephant in the room is next year's election. Should the President win back both houses of Congress, all bets are off.

15. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Mines busted too axxe :(
    IMHO I think in the time period you mentioned they will remain level-
    Right now level being from stupid low to crazy high :confused:

16. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

I've seen shops go over MSRP on certain guns at shops I frequent and those prices are coming back down. MSR prices are coming back to normal. Still going to see inflated prices on the used market due to people being in for more than the guns are worth.

17. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Generally speaking They ARE coming down! The MSRP on My Catamount 12Ga. was $899. If i didn't Get Extra mags and a sling and Shell Holder for the stock I'd have walked out of the store for just oner $800 from a $749 price....My next big purchases will come AFTER I finish Gun Smithing classes and Get My FFL's & NFA. We will get some sort of Light MG and a MAC10 or M-11 with a Can,..and a can for the .22's

18. danolator

danolator New Member

Spot on. As soon as the supply chain becomes replenished, the manufacturers & retailers will have to drop prices to keep cash flow going.

19. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

I could be bad wrong but I don't think the manufacturers ever raised prices on guns OR ammo-
    It was the greedy cash sucking middle man who done the dirty deeds :rolleyes:

20. jimmyp7162

jimmyp7162 New Member

I agree with you on that one, Hossfly