Gun prices returning to normal

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by ScottA, Jun 24, 2013.

1. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

2. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

I see cheap guns and ammo in the near future. :D

3. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

A coworker picked up a m&p 15, 30 round pmag, and a box of ammo at a lgs for $700.

4. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Good news story....At X-Mas a friend of mine got 2 AR-15's for $1,800 apeice...I told him to sell them fast...He still has them...Dummy....

5. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Availability has definitely increased recently for everything except .22 bulk ammo it seems.

I agree with you Tex that we will see some amazing deals on guns in the near future, ammo is expendable though so I think prices will stabilize but there won't be an ammo bubble in my opinion.

/*I'm only wrong about my predictions half the time. :D

6. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

What I see happening with the ammo is that the people who were stocking up on it to resell it are going to find themselves screwed. They're going to end up holding a ton of ammo that they can't sell for a profit. They would probably have a hard time just breaking even on it. They'll have to sell it at a loss. Good for us, bad for them. :D

7. stratrider

stratrider New Member

That's great news for fans of the AR... I hope the prices dropped for other guns as well?

8. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Well , lucky me..! I was well on my way to harmonic balance of sorts between
    Ammo and just how much I shoot.! Mags , extra parts , all things needed to get through these bedazzling times..!

This whole thing did not effect me much at all ,mucky me..! :) :rolleyes:

9. hawkguy

hawkguy Well-Known Member

guns, yes. :)

ammo, not quite. :mad:

i sold a pmag and another junk mag for $60 during the madness. i regret not capitalizing on it and selling my AR....probably coulda turned it around for an M1A.

10. hawkguy

i certainly hope you are a master fortune teller! :) i'm not sure i see ammo getting "cheap" anytime soon. i'm just hoping for available and reasonable.

11. towboater

towboater Active Member

I traded a bottom of the line DMPS for a $1200 gun. :D

12. rurak

rurak New Member

Just saw a used mark 2 6" target for 190 $ and a 22/45 lite used for 350 $ (threaded barrel) ....... prices are good around me

13. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Guns are seemingly coming down some in price! I saw this week that Kiesler Law Enforcement had a special for officers of Rock River Arms Rifles for $850. So I assume normal market prices are going to go back down some also. That price was unheard of a couple of months ago!
    For those who had a few items and made some profit off of it to possibly buy something else or survive the cost of life no problem all for them! But for those who hoarded ammo, guns and other parts to take total advantage of fellow shooters and sportsmen. I do not in the least feel sorry for them if they have to eat their greed!
    That was one of the main reasons those who wanted items and ammunition could hardly find anything. Dad's couldn't even find 22s to take their kids shooting! And when the did the prices were astronomical and most could not even afford them. For those who paid the atrocious price to get something. It happened, it is over with, you are enjoying what you purchased so forget about it! But remember we will have to continue to fight the Dem. Liberal Party as a whole over gun control for ever, and it isn't over. They will continue their attempted attack on our Constitution and our Second Amendment. The day may come when you will realize regardless of the price you paid you made a good investment!;)

Last edited: Jun 24, 2013
  14. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

I had considered the same thing, but then the proverb came back to mind, "a bird in the hand..."

15. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

I suspect that supplies of "Like New" ARs will improve noticeably about the time the holiday shopping season gets going.

I picture conversations similar to the following occurring all over the country this November:

Mom: "I need some money for the kid's Christmas gifts."
    Dad: "Really?"
    Mom: "Yeah really! Maybe you need to sell a couple of them rifles you got tucked away in the back of the safe."
    Dad: "You saw those?"
    Mom: "Yeah...I saw those. Sell a couple. You'll still have near a half dozen remaining. While your at it, sell of a case or two of that ammo you hid under the bed in the guest room."
    Dad: "You saw that too? Hell woman, you'd have me defenseless!"
    Mom: "No, I just think a small portion of the stockpile can be cut back some. Plus it would be nice if the guest room had room for guests instead of just ammo."

16. hawkguy

right, i think that same proverb is what kept me from selling my AR at the time.

ah well, "always look at the bright side".... at least i only paid $679 for my AR.....:D

17. F4U

F4U Well-Known Member Supporter

I went to a gun show yesterday, got there at opening time and the parking lot was only half full. The same show in jan was full with a line the length of the building and halfway back waiting to get in. We didn't even get out of the car.

Yesterday .22 ammo was $12-14 per hundred depending what it was.
    9mm, .40, .45 seemed to be $ 30-45 per box of 50. Reloads about 2/3s of that. I can't remember off hand what .223/5.56 was selling for.

AR type rifles any where from about $750 to $2000 depending on what they were. I really know nothing about these so I don't know why the price difference.

There was a guy selling mosins complete with bayonet and all accessories for $149, he had a bunch of them. Kicking myself for not bringing one home.

18. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Not surprised to see gun prices returning to normal. Right now they are so hard to feed that they become expensive paper weights.

19. JW357

JW357 New Member

Gun prices definitely seem better. Ammo, on the other hand.... $30/box of 9mm is still almost 3x what it should be in my opinion.

20. orangello

orangello New Member

I noticed on slickguns that they had about 10 different AR's for under $700. It does seem to be returning to normal, except for the ammo shortage.