Gun owners march to the Idaho Capitol in support of 2nd Amendment

Discussion in 'Idaho Gun Forum' started by Cnon, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Cnon

Cnon Member

2. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

That is the reason Idaho has good gun laws. The gun owners are pro-active. You never see gun owners in New York marching on their State House. Blue state gun owners need to put some Boots on the ground. :(

3. hawkguy

hawkguy Well-Known Member

this is the type of action that will secure our rights.

emails and letters to representatives are OK. joining gun PAC's is OK.

in the end, hitting the pavement makes a statement nothing else could. imagine the results if this were THOUSANDS constantly (that would be easy as there are a few million gun owners). and every time the gun grabbing states passed ludicrous laws there were thousands of protesters on the streets.

british taxation.. civil rights movement. vietnam war. these things were not changed by people complaining through letters or emails or forums. in the end, standing on the streets against the opposition is what got it done.

glad to see it. hope we see more of it. unfortunately, i don't expect to. we have come to an age (i sadly include myself here).....where comfort and material possessions have become more important than freedoms.

4. hawkguy

hawkguy Well-Known Member

exactly!!!! they are the ones who need to be marching more than anyone else. no one else is going to do it for them.....

5. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

6. coolbreez67

coolbreez67 New Member

Wow. First, let me say that I am a native New Yorker. I lived in Idaho from 1991 to 2010. I consider Idaho my home and desperately want to return. The last thing I ever wanted to do was leave Idaho. I had to leave Idaho because of loosing my job. I had to unfortunately move back to New York. This state changed A LOT in the years I was gone.

People think we sit back and take this gun control crap from our politicians. The entire state is controlled by New York City. If you don't live here, you can never understand how bad it is. Upstate New York is more like Idaho in it's politics.

When the SAFE act was passed, hundreds of rallies were held across the state. Grassroots organizations sprung up across the state. The rallies may have died down a bit, but they are beginning to start up again this election year.

This is just a small example of the marches that have been going on here. Trust me, we are fighting. It's difficult when the rest of the country thinks New Yorkers don't care. Nothing could be farther from the truth.

2nd Amendment rally on the state capital.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpBeMXNWl3I"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpBeMXNWl3I[/ame]

Damage caused to capital grounds From gun rally.
    http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/Keep-off-the-Capitol-Park-grass-4401434.php#photo-4409179photo-4409179

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  7. coolbreez67

coolbreez67 New Member

You are incorrect in your assessment of New York gun owners. Do your research.

8. coolbreez67

coolbreez67 New Member

Here's another example. Soon after the SAFE act was passed, local city and town legislators passed resolutions opposing the safe act. Although the votes don't hold much water, it is an indication that the state legislators went against public opinion. A price they will surly pay in November. Most of the Sherriff's in the state have refused to enforce the SAFE act. Cuomo has even gone as far as threatening to use state law to remove those sheriffs from office. The basically dared him to do it. unfortunately NY does not have the option of recall elections like Colorado. But we will make our voices heard on election day.

Attached Files:

9. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Coolbreeze 57, My point is where are the "Boots" on the ground? Where are the Pro-Gun marches and protest? I never see anyone in New York protesting at your capital? I would say your Pro-Gun voting record is not very effective. The Sheriffs will not enforce gun laws? What about your State and Local Police and the BATFE? Have they also quit?

10. coolbreez67

coolbreez67 New Member

Apparently you FAILED to look at the links I provided above, in post #6. Go look at the links. I will await your response. Local police and prosecutors in most jurisdictions outside of the city are against this law. No one outside of NY understands how much of a strangle hold the city has on this state.

11. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

Your dead wrong on this NS, we marched by the thousands, Men women and children and were preparing to do it again, bigger and badder this time. They wont just be complaining about us destroying the lawns with our footprints this time, were gonna bury their nameplates under those lawns!

http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/Gun-advocates-protest-at-state-Capitol-4208000.php

http://www.usatoday.com/videos/news/nation/2013/02/28/1953905/

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrpOLxiosMA[/ame]

Next one is appropriate, on April fools day, be there or be squarel

12. Vincine

Vincine New Member

? ? ? You don't know what you're talking about.

13. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Well why aren't you educating us? That is a beautiful and powerful display of Americans. That is incredible. These things never make National News. Why don't you fellows post this all over the Web? No we don't know keep us informed.:)

14. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

Im happy to see Idaho step up, they see what happens when you dont expect your own state to turn on you overnight. 100 this time, a 1000 next time, keep up the fight or you could lose more than your 2A!

Your correct V, NS has been stalking a little too much and looking a little too little, he read about the Safe Act and the case is closed in his eyes. NY is not a state of mind or a state of consensus, this is the battleground of rights for the rest of the entire nation. Andy only made a law, now he has to get people to follow it or prosecute those who wont and so far thats meeting with much more resistance than he and his boys had ever imagined.

NS, join us in the fight, dont just heckle those of us locked into a battle we never started. Just like welfare and nearly every other useless program your saddled with-----They all came originally from NY and a couple other Libterd states. If we dont stop it here, it will be on your doorstep next, just ask one of the richest unemployed guys in the world, Bloomberg. Do you think he's just gonna stop now that he's not Mayor of The City with no pity?????