Firearms Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Looks like a Mauser bayo, but I'm no expert.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I agree it's for a Mauser 98. Don't know if you're looking for just something that it will fit or an "authentic" period/ manufacturer correct rifle for it. If that's the case, you'll have a good time trying to figure that out due to huge array of models and contract variations. Otherwise, short answer, Mauser 98.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree it's for a Mauser 98. Don't know if you're looking for just something that it will fit or an "authentic" period/ manufacturer correct rifle for it. If that's the case, you'll have a good time trying to figure that out due to huge array of models and contract variations. Otherwise, short answer, Mauser 98.
so it should fit one of the K98's then right? Kool ty.

·
Registered
183 Posts
So you just bought a bayonet..... so you could buy thre gun it goes to?
That's funning right there.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Your bayonet is Czechoslovakian, for the 8 mm. VZ-24 Short Rifle. VZ-24's are pretty common. You should be able to find one at an affordable price.

·
Banned
774 Posts
So you just bought a bayonet..... so you could buy thre gun it goes to?
That's funning right there.

Dude, that's nothing. I own a Lockshop/ Gun Store and people come buy a gun cause they find a box of ammo at home sometimes! I have had at least one guy who found a holster come& buy a gun to fit it!

·
Registered
67 Posts
it was found while going thru my father in laws stuff after he pased away
Im sorry for your loss my friend. However, finding a period correct Mauser 98 to fit the Bayonet would be a great way to tribute your father in law. Best wishes

1 - 9 of 9 Posts