Gun Magazines

Discussion in 'Firearm's Industry' started by Ross82, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Danwin22

Danwin22 New Member

I prefer real magazines to reading a few lines at a time on a screen. I'm old, what do I know.

My current subscriptions are:

American Handgunner
    American Rifleman
    Guns
    Guns & Ammo
    Guns & Ammo Handguns
    Gun Digest
    Shooting Times

If they published a RIMFIRE magazine I'd get that too.

SGWGunsmith and Dallas53 like this.
  2. Dallas53

Dallas53 Well-Known Member

i'm one of those people, who does enjoy reading articles online, but i still enjoy printed material that i can hold in my hands and read.

headspace and Danwin22 like this.

3. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

I agree completely.

Danwin22 and Dallas53 like this.
  4. Rentacop

Rentacop Well-Known Member

With Drug stores censoring us, taking gun mags off the racks, it is great if you can buy the public library a subscription or two so everyone has access to gun mags .

alsaqr and Daoust_Nat like this.
  5. SGWGunsmith

SGWGunsmith Well-Known Member Supporter

Gun Tests, American Gunsmith and The American Rifleman. The first two take no advertising, and the "Rifleman" comes with my membership in the NRA. I like the American Rifleman, mainly because of how it's laid out and the "Armed Citizen" page. I do miss "Precision Shooter" though.
    Whenever I get into Walmart, I do look over the plethora of gun magazines there, and if one has an article of interest, I'll pop for it. No subscriptions though.

Daoust_Nat likes this.
  6. formerCav

formerCav Well-Known Member

I used to subscribe to "precision shooter" when I was playing the game. Now the only one I get is gun tests, and the American Rifleman (NRA magazine)

SGWGunsmith and Ross82 like this.
  7. microadventure

microadventure Well-Known Member

AR-15
    Firearm News

Ross82 likes this.
  8. SGWGunsmith

SGWGunsmith Well-Known Member Supporter

I'd be right behind you. "Precision Shooter" , in the past, has published a ton of articles by Bill Calfee. All of his articles have been compiled into a book that's 1 ½ inches thick. If you like rimfire rifles and precision shooting with 'em, that book will educate anybody who gets it and uses it for a reference.

9. Mercator

Mercator Well-Known Member

I switched from the American Rifleman to the Shooting Illustrated. Both are NRA publications now. The Illustrated has a tad more shooting and a bit less politics.

Nobody seems to favor the heavy tacticool magazines named like Firepower or Warrior. Personally I pity the fool who pays 10-12 bucks for a stack of glossy ads disguised as warrior talk. Unfortunately the good ones like Guns & Ammo are moving in that direction also. I don't trust their gun evaluations anymore. Still good for the news and stories like Ayoob's.

10. formerCav

formerCav Well-Known Member

Gun Tests is kind of like the "consumer reports" on guns.
    they call a clunk a clunk and fail it.
    However, as someone else pointed out on here (or another gun site) that their sample is TOO small to be of scientific significance. Anyone can turn out a "clunk"
    I gave up on guns and ammo, shooting times, etc etc years ago as I saw most of the stories as nothing more then a glorified advertisement.

As far as the tactical type magazines go.... hey, I'm 71, do you really think I'll become and "operator" and carry my $30,000 sight on my rifle and a 1000 rounds of ammo and a 100 pound ruck??
    NOT happening!!

Daoust_Nat likes this.
  11. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

C3 is a legend.....

Ross82 likes this.
  12. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

Without a doubt these are my favorite gun magazines. I could tell you about the codes, but then I would have to kill ya.....;) DSCN5698.JPG

I no longer buy the paper kinds of magazines. I am opposed to paying the kind of money they cost to read commercials. I will buy a gun book; no commercials.

Ross82 likes this.
  13. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

I still like paper magazines. Plus since I will be in the hospital the rest of the week, I rip off the address labels and leave them in the waiting room. Maybe someone will enjoy them.

Ross82 likes this.