gun magazine to subscribe too

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by jackal6, Sep 16, 2012.

1. jackal6

jackal6 New Member

What are some good handgun magazines you knowledgable people would recomend?

2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i am very partial to American Rifleman. been reading it for over 40 years. comes with the membership to the NRA.

3. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

Ive always liked guns magazine. I've found it to be interesting and informative. I especially like the campfire tales section in the back that's written by John Taffin.

Attached Files:

4. Old_Crow

Old_Crow New Member

I usually pick up a copy of outdoor life when I am stuck in an airport.

5. MrWray

MrWray New Member

RECOIL magazine is a really good one

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

Recoil just came out with an editorial saying there was no need for military type rifles in civilian hands...

7. zombiehunter

zombiehunter New Member

I agree. I just picked up my first issue this week. I think I'll subscribe. AR hunter is a really good one too.

8. zombiehunter

zombiehunter New Member

Say what!? Hmm I didn't get that far yet. We,ll see

9. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

yes and that editor recently resigned from his position . I like Recoil Mag, decent magazine with great reviews on stuff

10. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

Anything by FMG Publications

Guns, American Handgunner...

11. jackal6

jackal6 New Member

Communists!!!!!

12. JonM

JonM Moderator

I consider gun magazines a form of entertainment much like watching reality tv shows.

13. zombiehunter

zombiehunter New Member

I like the purdy pictures... Haha

14. TWMIM

TWMIM New Member

I had an epiphany.

A long time Guns and Ammo guy, it occurred that I'd never seen a negative article on any gun, ever.

I think the magazines are in the tank for whomever sends them a piece to try out.

And too many ads nowadays.

15. PC167

PC167 New Member

I also picked that same magazine with my membership.

16. JonM

JonM Moderator

Gun rags are more like infomercials than anything else. If your waiting to see a gunrag say anything negative dont hold your breath. If jimenez sent in one of their guns for review to gunsandammo all you would see is its the next great must have gun for bear hunting...

17. gollygee

gollygee New Member

For reviews that are reported to be unbiased, 'Gun Tests' magazine is supposed to be good. They are kinda the 'Consumer Reports' magazine for guns, not accepting gun ads. I hear that they also go out & purchase the guns off the shelf rather than use a hand picked one provided by the manufacturer.

Of course, their rating includes price so a pistol that maybe lacks a little in fit & finish could possibly score same as a higher priced one with better finish, etc.

18. TWMIM

TWMIM New Member

100% agreement. I'd, just once, like to see them say "This was a piece of crap jam-o-matic."

19. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

I second Guns. They have the best articles and the best writers.

20. utf59

utf59 New Member

"Gun Tests" is impartial, but it's pretty dry reading. A subscription also gives you access to their online archives.

There are some publications that have free online versions if you look around.

And if you find an article you like, check to see if the author has a blog. Sometimes they'll have stuff in their blogs that you won't find in the magazines.