Gun license plates?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Hectocotylus, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Hectocotylus

Hectocotylus New Member

Out of boredom I was messing around on the WA state DOL and checking for available personalized plates. Not sure if it would be a good idea security wise, but it would be great to have some of these plates I found to be available
    762X39
    50BMG
    9MM
    40SANDW
    762X25

I am sure there are more easily available..

2. JW357

JW357 New Member

I like the idea. I would want 357MAG or something like that.

3. AR10

AR10 New Member

States veto controversial license plates. When you apply, it might look like it could be accepted, but it will bounce once it hits a bureaucrats desk.

I would get 10mm

4. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

5. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

LOL, not always. Here in NH, where we have one of the highest vanity plate rates in the country, I have personally seen WTF, & JZM. Also, while the plate itself would not be controversial, IDLIKEA, and it was on an H2, with the embossed HUMMER directly under the plate on the bumper painted white. AWESOME!!

6. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I am on the fence here.
    One side sez "cool"!
    The other side is asking why would I want to advertise that I may be carrying a concealed firearm?

7. beaglesam

beaglesam Active Member

My exact thought Dan, no sense in advertising that there might be a firearm in my car when I'm at the grocery.

8. Hectocotylus

Hectocotylus New Member

I agree, but it would be fun.

9. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I would bet many people wouldn't even know what many of those mean.

10. trip286

trip286 New Member

Saw an old vintage Mustang in Southaven MS with a tag that said:
    44MAGDE (44 mag desert eagle). Or maybe it was DE44MAG. Can't remember, it was several years ago

I want one that says GNSLNGR or GNFGHTR. I'm not sure how many characters are allowed in Louisiana though, and haven't looked into it at all.

On an interesting side note, when I tried to type in "44 mag desert eagle" my phone autocorrected to "dessert whore". I got a chuckle out of it.

11. Hectocotylus

Hectocotylus New Member

True. It would probably put you in the "cool club" of gun people if only gun people knew what it meant, especially something like 762X51 or something. 99% of people will not know what that is.

12. rurak

rurak New Member

I'd like azzhol

13. Hectocotylus

Hectocotylus New Member

I have a feeling that one might not be allowed...even if it is true. :)

14. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Virginia has a BUNCH of specialty plates, including an NRA plate. Just went on line and checked- 357-MAG is taken. So is 45-ACP. but 9MM PARA is available. And CAN be ordered. $40 a year above standard plate.