Gun & Knife Shows

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by DougJ, Dec 16, 2010.

1. DougJ

DougJ New Member

For those of you who attend gun & knife shows where do you go to find your information? I'm trying to figure out how many people in our industry use the web compared to those who use some type of magazine or other resource.

2. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

3. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Local..newspapers..in the classifieds...

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

There's a show in Reno that I enjoy. I try to get to it on a semi regular basis depending on my budget at the time. I check the dates on the net.

5. buckhuntr

buckhuntr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Billboards plastered all over Tulsa work well for me. We embrace our guns out heah. :D

6. DougJ

DougJ New Member

I appreciate the feedback gents. I'm looking into how to have this information available to those of us who love our guns and gun shopping. My website is a start but I need feedback from users who can tell me what they want to see when they look for information. I am thinking of coming up with a program to run on the smartphones to help us find gunshows along with directions or other info we may need. I wonder though if our generation
    (40+) thwill be the last to really enjoy gunshows. Doesn't seem like kids these days are interested in our stuff.

7. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

It's not that we aren't interested, it's just that these days it seems like there are better deals to be had through local dealers and online (even factoring in shipping and a transfer). For example, last year I picked up a used (but really brand new as I don't think it had ever been fired) GP100 for $260 off of gunbroker. That included shipping and the transfer fee I paid. Same gun at a gun show near me was starting at $450 USED. Maybe if there were better deals out there, but I for one am done with gun shows in this area at least.

8. Squirrel_Slayer

Squirrel_Slayer New Member

CA, you going to the gun show in Roseville this weekend?

9. sniper762

sniper762 New Member

gunbrokers.com i have bouht and sold dozens with them.

10. DougJ

DougJ New Member

I agree with you guys. I have bought more guns from Gunbroker.com, Auctionarms.com and Gunsamerica.com than I have bought attending gun shows. The way we live and do business is migrating towards smartphones and the web since we don't have enought time to enjoy the hobbies we used to enjoy. I don't know the last time I worked less than a 50 - 60 hour week. I'd like to find what I can to make it enjoy to spend time on a gun related website.