Gun Inventory Software

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by bma2772, Dec 29, 2011.

1. bma2772

bma2772 New Member

Does anyone have any suggestions on a "real good" gun inventory software program? I don't mind paying but I've looked at some on line and they just don't look that great. Thanks!

2. Jeepergeo

Jeepergeo New Member

3. JohnJak

JohnJak New Member

I am very archaic and still use pencil and paper.

4. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Weapon Inventory

BMA,

First I Printed out large index cards with the weapon Make, Caliber and Serial Number printed on them in *Bold Black Print. Then I laid the weapons on the tan living room carpeted floor. Got a short ladder to stand upon and photographed all of my weapons with the index card beside them. Sometimes in the case of pistols and revolvers I could get 3 or 4 on the same photo shot.
    Sometimes only one when it came to rifles and shotguns. Then Secured the photos and entered them on an Excel spread sheet with the exact information from the card. On the spread sheet I also made a column for their present estimated value. Then in another column if something should ever happen to me which with all of us is inevitable, what person the ones that are special to me are going to be passed on to. That way you will not only have the inventory in document form but also have the pictures for weapon identification purposes, condition as well as Make, Model, Caliber and Serial Number!
    Just and idea for you!

5. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

I built one in the database program that comes with windows, and I am not a "computer or software person".

A few hours of work and you can make something suited to your needs and without a bunch of junk to muddle up the works.

6. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

7. trip286

trip286 New Member

Same here. Except I use pen. Not as easy to tamper with.

8. philip_scotch

philip_scotch New Member

I can recommend Gunmanager.
    I've been using it for 3 weeks now - very easy to use with lots of options (firearms, ammo, accessories, shooting-range sessions)
    It makes it easy for me to keep track of all my ammo stock and overall costs.

I used the THR coupon and got 20% off - maybe that is still available.

9. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Here is an FTF vendor that offers gun inventory software and I believe a free NRA membership. http://myifsgundb.com/

10. levelcross

levelcross New Member

Welcome to the forum bma2772.

I use Excel, but it doesn't take long to keep up my inventory:( I also take pics of each gun along with the case to get all of the info on file. I keep it on a flash drive for a back up. I don't use it to keep up with ammo inventory, but I do keep up with the round count thru the guns.

11. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Great program and easy to use. I picked it up for the nra membership and because the free one I was using sh#& the bed. I couldn't be happier with it.
    You can load every firearm related item you have into this program with pictures and keep track of maintenance and values of everything. It's fun to see that your private collection is more valuable than your investment into it. Can also be used for a bound book for c&r and (after atf approval) ffl use.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012