Gun Horror Story

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by cnorman18, Aug 9, 2007.

1. cnorman18

cnorman18 New Member

Not what you're expecting.

It's worse.

Many years ago, a friend of mine--the owner of our local gun shop in central Texas--was standing at the counter of his shop when a friend, a police officer, came in carrying a brown paper bag.

"I want to show you something," he said, "but I want to warn you--it might make you cry." then he pulled an object from the bag. It was a sawed-off shotgun. My friend was puzzled. Then he looked closely. And sure enough, tears came to his eyes.

It was a custom-made, fully engraved sidelock double from James Purdey & Sons of London. Or used to be.

(For those who don't know, Purdey & Sons have been handcrafting arms for over 200 years. Every gun they make is handmade from scratch. You might say they have a waiting list: if you bring in your newborn son and pay a substantial deposit--their plain-Jane guns start at around $50,000--they will guarantee delivery by his 40th birthday. The only customer who gets faster service is the Queen.)

This gun cost a minimum of $125K and probably took five years to build, by the greatest gunmakers in the world--and some punk stole it, and took a hacksaw to those perfect rust-blued barrels that looked like midnight-blue glass, and to that hand-rubbed curly maple stock that looked like it grew around the gun, and cut it down to rob 7-Elevens for chump change.

(sob)

I told you...

2. allmons

allmons New Member

Oh, man!

That story almost made me cry. What kind of a yo yo destroys a work of art?

:(

3. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Horror

That is a capital offense in certain counties in Texas, Just not Austin (Travis County, the San Francisco of the south)

4. bkt

bkt New Member

Wow. Just...wow.

May the piece of ignorant garbage who did this have the same treatment done to him.

5. cnorman18

cnorman18 New Member

Austin liberals

I know how it is. I once lived in Austin...

I take some pleasure, though, in how all those lefties must feel, living in (gasp, shudder) TEXAS! "OMG, Buffy! This is Bush's HOME STATE!"

6. pioneer461

pioneer461 New Member

7. SheGUN

SheGUN New Member

You know the answer to that................

I'ts Heartbreaking! :(

8. bkt

bkt New Member

Thanks for posting this article. Everyone, please take a moment to read it.

cnorman, you say you really don't believe our government is heading toward becoming seriously oppressive and working against the Constitution. But this is how is starts. Unless (recently re-elected) Mayor Nagin and his cohorts are thrown in prison for gross abuse of power, this will happen again in other cities.

9. DonnyKC

DonnyKC New Member

10. cnorman18

cnorman18 New Member

Point taken.

I concede the point. You are 100% right, and I have been wrong to be so upbeat.

And that's without reading that article; I had to get the information elsewhere, because that site was unreadable on my BlackBerry.

I still don't have a problem with cameras in public places, but if this can happen in America, we have a lot of work to do.

Thanks.