gun grabbing politicians

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by ElizaHanson, May 10, 2016.

1. ElizaHanson

ElizaHanson New Member

2. mseric

mseric New Member

Charles Schumer

Dick Durbin

Nancy Pelosi

Sheila Jackson Lee

I could go on and on, but in reality all one needs to do is look for the (D) after their name. That (D) indicates anti-Gun.

3. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

where does one draw the line on the shredding of our already fragile Constitution ? These people do not see the door they open to the systematic shredding of our overall rights ! Do they honestly believe it would stop at guns ? Every inch of power we let them take is only another foot of our freedoms they will take !

We are already in fear of what we speak , what do they not see ? Are the masses that brain damaged ? Scary crap !

Special deal: -Tees

"Slap a liberal today , our future depends upon it !" ...... :mad:

4. mseric

mseric New Member

Taking control of the Supreme Court and out of the hands of Democrats like Clinton is one hell of a start.

Allowing her to take control of the SC for ANY REASON is a fools path and a path to total distraction of the Constitution.

5. ElizaHanson

ElizaHanson New Member

Thanks for the tip

6. TankTop

TankTop Active Member Supporter

Although not an endorsement hasn't Bernie's voting record been very pro gun? Not taking the time to look it up but I thought this was the case...

Add... A 5 second Google search, out of the Bernie Sanders official camp. I don't agree with his opinions but they are much more moderate than other Democratic positions on guns...

BERNIE SANDERS ON GUN POLICY
    Overall, Bernie Sanders believes in a middle-ground solution in the national gun debate, saying in a recent interview:

“Folks who do not like guns [are] fine. But we have millions of people who are gun owners in this country — 99.9 percent of those people obey the law. I want to see real, serious debate and action on guns, but it is not going to take place if we simply have extreme positions on both sides. I think I can bring us to the middle.”

Gun Control: Gun control legislation should ultimately fall on individual states, with the exception of instant background checks to prevent firearms from finding their way into the hands of criminals and the mentally ill, and a federal ban on assault weapons.

Manufacturer Liability: Gun manufacturers should not be held liable for the misuse of their products, just as any other industry isn’t held accountable for how end-consumers use their products.

Last edited: May 13, 2016
  7. mseric

mseric New Member

That right there is enough to peg Bernie as a Gun Control advocate.

Here is an illustration of what compromising with guys like Bernie has given us.

http://hsgca.net/2013/10/21/illustrated-guide-to-gun-control/

8. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

Watch out for politicians speaking of “middle ground,” “serious debate,” “action" and such.

“Bringing us to the middle” could very well be Bernie-speak for “anyone can own guns who can pass our stringent background checks but the guns must be registered with our new Federal Firearms Control Office, (FFCO) complete with name, address of owner and model and S/N of the weapon.”

The original definition of “assault rifle” was: "a rapid-fire, magazine-fed automatic rifle designed for infantry use.” But then the term was changed to “assault weapon," which could be any weapon, depending on the current definition of “assault weapon.” Tricky, tricky, these politicians!!

ellis

9. TankTop

TankTop Active Member Supporter

Back the truck up, I do not support Bernie or his opinions on gun control. That said, between him and Clinton, Bernie thinks he supports the 2nd Amendment and Clinton is completely against it. I disagree with everything he believes in but at least he says what he believes

10. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

Sen Bill Nelson, D FL
    Rep Corrine Brown, D FL
    Rep Alan Grayson, D FL

11. CaptMidnight

CaptMidnight New Member Supporter

And not one of the Liberals listed has managed to confiscate one gun from a law abiding citizen. The NRA and it's supporters have managed to pass laws in 38 states allowing concealed and open carry. Maybe we need to work more on our successes than loses? :)

12. mseric

mseric New Member

Work more how?

13. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

Or at least acknowledge and count them more.

far too many in the 2A community seem to take an all or nothing approach, and cite anything less that a 100%, 2A is the only law, is not a victory. To them I say the following:

How long did it take the anti-2A crowd to build this clusterf#@%? news flash folks. It wasn't done overnight. Instead it was one law, one Act, one infringement at a time, which is how we will get our full 2A rights back. I'm not saying say you want anything less, but it is a negotiation, just as a sale is, and both sides not wanting to compromise rarely leads to a successful deal being garnered. We lost what we had a little at a time, and that is how we must get it back, or someone is going to get burned in the process.

Far too many seem to forget those victories, and keep pushing for a utopic future, that will never come if all we do is scream back and forth:

"A full and true 2A, or nothing at all!"

While the other side responds with:

"Give up All your guns!"

The only winner when that happens is the throat lozenge companies.

When a Pro-2A law passes and is signed into law, it is a reason to celebrate, even if we have not met the end goal. The journey of 1,000 miles begins with no more than a single step. Those victories are that step. Crack a cold one, and raise a glass, then get to working on the next step.

As to antis, I'll add Tom Wolfe, our current Governor. He is a certified 100% BHO Product, right down to his ability to "Compromise".

14. CaptMidnight

Well said Kfox. When other groups have a win such as Abortion advocates or the Black Life's Matter they hold marches and demonstrations. When gun owners who are continuing to win every day keep quite? :(
    It seems Gun Owners hide in the bushes afraid that a win will cause the Left to attack them? Gun Owners need to show the voting Public we are a force to be reckoned with. Not this:scared:

15. kfox75

thanks Cap.

Hell, we get attacked whether we win or lose anyway, so why hide? I say go to one of the states that yours has reciprocity with, and set up a million CCer March. Or one that is all OCing handguns if legal there. Have signs and posterbards, do a cook out if holding it at a park with proper permits, and get the word out that the 2A is alive and well there. Then maybe once every 6 months or so, set up a National rally in one of the states that honor all 49 other state's CHL.

Look what it did for other groups in getting the word out on their causes.

16. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

"The Republicans walk the NRA line and refuse even limited restrictions. I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I also support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today’s internet technology we should be able to tell within 72 hours if a potential gun owner has a record.”

Donald Trump

17. kfox75

Doesn't shock me in the least, and he is not alone in NY. There's more than one Fudd who supports the Unsafe Act. Sadly, at this point, we are down to the lesser of two evils, trump, and whoever wins the Clinton Sanders race, and out of those two, I'll pick Trump.

After all, for all his tears and pandering, BHO couldn't get an AWB passed, even with a Dem controlled Congress.

18. CaptMidnight

President Reagan supported banning assault rifles. He also passed and signed a restrictive Mulford law in California. This banned carrying loaded weapons in your car and many other Liberal treats.
    So far Trump has never voted for or signed any Anti-Gun legislation. The supporters of the Democrats like to hide behind false curtains.

19. Mercator

Mercator New Member

It takes a minute to check "the record". When a terrorist gets a gun from his mom or a buddy, or there is no criminal record at all, no amount of time will prevent him from exercising his constitutional right.

As long as the Second Amendment remains unchanged it will be abused and violated as a matter of course. If Trump decides to tackle the issue it will be historic.

Last edited: May 14, 2016
  20. mseric

mseric New Member

We are all aware that you are a hardcore Liberal Democrat and you are back here trying to convince anyone that will listen how bad Trump is.

That's cool we know what you are and why you are here, but while you are trying to take Trump down, how about posting some of the reasons you support Hillary and the Democrat Party.

Let's have your list why Hillary is your guy, not why Trump is not.

Oh, what are Hillary's plans for gun control?