Gun Free Zone

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by JonM, Dec 13, 2011.

1. JonM

JonM Moderator

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7pGt_O1uM8]Gun Free Zones - 1/2 Hour News Hour - YouTube[/ame]

im ordering mine tonite!!

2. vincent

vincent New Member

THANK YOU JON!!! I saw that vid a couple of years ago and haven't been able to find it since...you rock!!!:cool:

3. bkt

bkt New Member

Just once I'd like to see an anti-gun nut respond to this. :D

4. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

5. Scratchammo

Scratchammo New Member

There was a sign online somewhere saying "I don't support gun control however my neighbor does & his house is unlocked" or something like that. These hoplophobes think they're somehow safe behind their precious prohibitions. I think it's stupidity.

6. fmj

fmj Active Member

What they need to do is have the guy with the gun leave....then come back with a baseball bat! :D That would REALLY drive the point home.

7. therewolf

therewolf New Member

We need to institute this in the military as well.

We'll just make all battlefields, and robber baron's oilfiel-er, I mean

countries in need of Democratic Leadership "gun free zones", too.

I'm certain it'll be much safer for our troops.

8. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

i believe you mean this

Attached Files:

9. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

ROFMAO. They might as well just post this everywhere.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  10. texaswoodworker

This is what businesses should put up. :D

Attached Files:

11. texaswoodworker

Why don't you ask the azzhats?:D Here is their forum. (at least half theirs) Gun Control Debates Just looking at the main page pisses me off.:mad:

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  12. Scratchammo

Scratchammo New Member

Yep, that's the one :D

13. Scratchammo

Scratchammo New Member

I tend to find myself in these arguments (or maybe I look for them) & it doesn't take long to make my point. The "guns kill" croud boggles my mind. I always ask them what they'd defend themselves with against an intruder. Their two options being a gun & a cell phone. From what I gather, their selection between the two let's me know they have WAY too much faith in law enforcement. I can say that because I used to be an MP.

14. trip286

trip286 New Member

MP or not (I pulled that gig too for a few months) it's just a proven fact that when seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Check this out, I'm sure the info us available online somewhere, check the average response time of the police department in your home stomping grounds.

Now stop and think about how much could happen in the allotted time frame.

Take it a step further and see if you can find statistics on how long it takes to commit a rape, a murder, our a basic robbery or mugging.

Now, like I pointed out in another thread (our heck it could even be this one, I don't read the entire thread every time, just the updates.)
    take your favorite carry piece and aim it at a target. It could be a home intruder if you have one on hand, but a paper plate will do in a pinch. With one hand dial 911, and ask for the police, and with the other hand open fire.

Which reaches it's destination first? The bullets or the cops?

Disclaimer- never dial 911 except in a real emergency, they do provide a valuable service that does not need to be abused. They could be in the process of sending fire fighters to watch a house burn :)

And scratch, I didn't mean for it to seem I was directing my rant at you bud.

15. texaswoodworker

Just calling the cops and having them solve your problems is a great dream, but in reality, you will not have time to wait for them to arrive. They usually take 2 min to get to my street (there are several that live in my neighborhood and the Reno PD is about a mile up the road) but even that is too long to wait when your life is endanger. I think most if not all LEOs would rather be calling in a DOA on a attacker then calling in one for you.

16. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

I wonder if finding your gun before you found the phone would be any explanation? I mean how many of you know exactly where your phone is at all times and how many of you know exactly where your guns are at all times? Just askin'.

17. jon1992d

jon1992d New Member

The one phone in my house is 5 feet away from the front door. The same door an intruder would come in threw. My guns are 2 feet away from were i sleep. In that case i would have to shoot my way threw the bg to get to the phone. Problem solved i dont have to worry about 911 being busy and i no longer have a threat in my house (alive).

18. texaswoodworker

We have somehow managed to misplace all 5 phones at my house, but I have never misplaced a gun. :D

19. therewolf

therewolf New Member

It's a little harder to misplace a gun if you always keep it by your side...

20. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

OK, I have to admit. I did once "lose" one of my guns. I was working at my desk when a neighbor came by and dropped their kids off with us. She was driving her husband to the hospital with a medical emergency. I took my gun on my desk and locked it in a semi-secret compartment in my desk, locked the safe, secured all other guns in the house (again, it was unexpected and an emergency) while my wife was occupying the neighbor kids on the porch. These neighbors do not own guns and their kids have no gun safety training to speak of. I have two kids roughly the same age who have been trained about gun safety nearly from birth. Also, the neighbors are well aware that we have guns in the house and they are comfortable dropping their kids off with us with that knowledge.

We had the kids for two days and nights. All of the guns were locked up the entire time but still accessible to me if needed. After the kids went home I could not find the one gun I had locked in my desk for the life of me. It took me almost a week before I found it. It nearly drove me insane, but at the same time it was a good lesson. Since then I do not lock anything up in a "panic". I have established the places where guns get locked up and do not vary from that.

On the other hand I have lost my phone(s) so many times I have lost count and it did not bother me a bit nor did it alter my behavior in any way.

I guess what I am saying is that a gun is a tool that can be used immediately. A phone will bring uncertain help who knows when? I have never had to use a gun for that purpose, but I have had to use my First Aid skills in a similar way. I could have wasted precious minutes driving to a phone to call 911 (no cell service in the area) but instead I started CPR and waited until another motorist came along to drive to call 911.