Gun Free Rape Zones

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by JonM, Dec 10, 2011.

1. JonM

JonM Moderator

the places where your most likely to need a gun for self defense you are banned from carrying. government buildings (post offices), schools (school shootings ala virginia tech), airports (terrorist prime targets).

listen to this young lady's story:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eSxaBEOx7c]NRA News Profile: Amanda Collins - YouTube[/ame]

2. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Just take today's incident in LA. Some jihadist goes on a random shooting spree through the center of Hollywood. No one could do anything about it. Eventually an armed citizen, actually an off duty LEO, put him down. Point is the black and whites were to late to intervene.

3. H2oWerker

H2oWerker New Member

When seconds count...the police are minutes away...

4. gwk4667

gwk4667 New Member

My daughter is in the Marine Corps reserve and attending college - - - She has a lifetime CCW permit - - - the schools do not allow her to carry but we will cross that bridge when and if needed as I would rather fight to keep her out of jail than go the the morgue to claim her!

When walking to and from her car at night she leaves her hand in her purse and it is on a S&W airweight 38 ( hammerless so she can fire several rounds still in her purse)

She was also the top person in MCMAP ( Marine Corp Marshall Arts Program ) in boot camp.

5. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

JonM, you forgot to mention Chicago, IL

6. unclebear

unclebear New Member

I personally carry what ever I can when ever I can, I knew a lot of guys when I was in school that carried a knife hell I was one of them. Ya they had there uses for practical things but I'd rather have a knife on me when SHTF happened then be completely unarmed, the only places I don't carry at least a knife are the places that have medal detectors.

7. gwk4667

gwk4667 New Member

Now you are going to know how old I am.

While in high school several of us loved to go hunting together after school so we would put our shot guns behind the bus drivers seat till we got to school and then they stayed behind the home room teachers desk till time to go home. We also wore hunting vests and carried skinning knives.

I can't remember a fight in all 4 years.

Now they have banned all weapons and we keep getting students shot or stabed. I guess the liberals will protect us till we are all dead!

8. CarlsbadRanger06

CarlsbadRanger06 New Member

Oh the better times. I was born and raised in a very small town in Oklahoma.

Every year, like clockwork, our Superintendent let us out of school on the first day of dove, quail, and deer (rifle) seasons.....

I also carried a 5" Spyderco knife in my pants (My Ag Ed teacher/FFA Advisir made custom Spyderco knives and still does).

Myself and my buddies also had rifle racks in the back windows of our trucks with loaded rifles and shotguns.

Nobody ever said anything. Around there, it would've been ABNORMAL not to have them!

9. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Dont go to the west end of louisville without a gun

10. lonewolf101

lonewolf101 New Member

you have to be KIDING......right?

11. trip286

trip286 New Member

Wait... Don't believe it? Call the cops and take a shot at a target at the same time and see which one reaches it's destination first.

I'm not knocking cops here, just saying it's faster to defend yourself than it is to wait for someone else to come do it for you.

12. Vincine

Vincine New Member

A long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away;

I made the acquaintance of a member of the Black Panther Party. He had taken to carrying a bag made of paper, that’s how long ago it was. The NYC Panthers were having some internal power struggles at the time. In the event someone wanted to ‘discourage’ him from supporting various other Panther members, he thought he would just slap them with the paper bag a few times.

Inside the bag was a hatchet.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  13. CarlsbadRanger06

Sad. But true.

My significant other lives 9 city blocks from the Irmo, SC PD main station. In 2007 she was assaulted (sexually) by a black male. Woke up in the common area of her apartment building (a gated community) to the guy fondling her/himself.

Ran to her apartment across the hallway and dialed 911.

19 MINUTES later they arrived. No lights or sirens. Just two overweight officers with an attitude problem. Weren't even going to question the man until I arrived and told them they could question him briefly or respond to a homicide after they left. I KNOW, I was out of line by making threats, but the woman I love most had just been assaulted. Sue me.

Anyhow, he was questioned. Detained. Security footage was used in court. Her statement was used. We had him dead to rights. They even used his DNA (I'll suffice it to say that he "made a mess" on her Army uniform top)

The piece of **** got 36 months. Suspended. He also had to attend a "Mandatory Sexual Misconduct Seminar".

So yeah. Sadly, the police are usually too little, too late.

14. lonewolf101

lonewolf101 New Member

the Milwaukee pd has a PI** poor response time and people died because of it.

15. Werminator

Werminator Member

I have the utmost respect for those who serve in law enforcement agencies and the military both. That said, I can't count on them to be there in the middle of the night when someone breaks into my home or when confronted in the parking lot of the business where I work. I don't carry a gun because if someone where I work found out I would lose my job immediately but I am almost never without a blade... I could call the police when I hear my front window break but chances are by the time they arrive the perpetraitor will have already had the opportunity to do me harm...

16. orangello

orangello New Member

Assuming he isn't currently rotting in a shallow grave, i am impressed with your self-control ............................................................or your ability to dig a deep grave. Impressed either way.

17. CarlsbadRanger06

Oh man I thought up SOOOOO many ways to kill this guy and dispose of him.....

18. JonM

JonM Moderator

the scotus has ruled that the police forces of states cities and counties have absolutely no duty to save you.

the only requirment police have is to take statements if any survivors, collect evidence, count bullet holes.

the myth is the police are there to protect you. the truth is you are responsible for your own safety.

the sadness is that liberals want gun control in order to not feel bad if a 16 year old rapist just turning his life around, is shot by a 85 year old woman, with his pants around his ankles a knife in one hand and a raging erection in the other in the old woman's kitchen...

19. vincent

vincent New Member

Yep, this is true, Jon is a smart man. They have no duty to protect an individual, but the community as a whole.

20. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I keep fire extinguishers to put out fires in my home because the fire department may not come soon enough.
    I keep first aid kits because I may be able to assist a hurt person before the ambulance arrives.

But I have to wait for the police to come if someone is in my home?

Something is wrong.