Gun doesn't fully fit in my case.

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Buckethead47, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Buckethead47

Buckethead47 New Member

My friend wants to go shooting tomorrow, but my problem is my gun doesn't fit in the case since I added my optic. its a soft case that zippers. And I just kinda have the case slid over the barrel and most of the receiver. what counts as a cased firearm? Should I wait until next paycheck to get a case?

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

When Momma said put your socks on, did pulling them over your toes count?

Yeah- didn't think so. If you have laws where you live that require a gun to be cased while being transported, I do not think you have met that law.

3. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 New Member

Zip up what you can and duck tape the rest.

4. Buckethead47

Buckethead47 New Member

That was my thought process c3, just wanted to make sure. And I was thinking duck tape fixes everything. Hmmmm case out of duck tape???? Lol. Nah I hate to say this when everyone is up in arms with bps... But I'm off to bps this weekend. Cheapest place to get a case.

5. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

To be legal in Il, it has to fit entirely in the case when closed or zipped. I would buy a proper case before transporting the gun. Last thing you need is a charge that would keep you from owning guns in the future.

6. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Can't you take the scope off and put it back on when you get to the range?

I can take the scope of my Mark II and when I put it back on it's still zeroed. But I have Ruger rings. I think that might make the difference.

7. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Get yourself a proper case that locks. If you can remove the scope and transport it that way all the better, but get a case that will enclose the whole assembled with optics gun.

8. Buckethead47

Buckethead47 New Member

I'd rather keep my optic attached. less to worry about. I'm going to make a cardboard cut out and take that to find a case. and I passed on shooting because I just don't want that hassle.

9. Wi_Hunter556

Wi_Hunter556 New Member

I would buy the proper case. Even with the no case law that passed here in WI I still keep everything cased in the truck.

The Constitution shall never be construed … to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. –Samuel Adams