Gun Display

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by notdku, Nov 9, 2011.

1. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

On a sister site AirsoftSociety.com there is a gun registry. These guys modify their guns and want to show them off:

http://www.airsoftsociety.com/gun-registry/

Example entry: http://www.airsoftsociety.com/gun-registry/ksc-mk23-socom-proto-phase-ii-57.html

It's always been my line of thought that this would not fly here however before I just guess what you all want, would you want a registry?

Maybe not show off all your guns but just your prized builds, or maybe not. Just wanted to get feedback.

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Ever since the tragic FTF cruise, I have nothing to register. :eek:

3. opaww

opaww New Member

Sorry all my guns were lost in the FTF boating accadent. Nothing to see here move along

4. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

guns are evil and should only be used by leo and military.

I caught mine several times trying to sneak out during the night so I sent them on a cruise.

5. Yunus

Yunus New Member

I think it's a good idea. It's no more revealing than a range report.

6. Hinermad

Hinermad New Member

They actually call it a "gun registry"? That means something very different in some places (like Canada, where all guns had to be registered). I'd have called it a gallery or something like that.

7. orangello

orangello New Member

Yup, a "gallery" might get a more positive response.

8. unclebear

unclebear New Member

wow I havn't been to that sight in a while... But I agree a "gallery" would be cool to have on the site

9. JonM

JonM Moderator

registry is a bad word. i like "gallery of goodness" or something along that line better :)

10. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Even though I was spared from the boating accident, I lost all of mine in the great fire of 2003.

11. orangello

orangello New Member

Maybe something like the "ride of the month" contests on car forums would be workable? No serial #'s shown. I've got one for "fugliest rimfire" contest.

12. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

"gun" and "registry" should not be used in the same sentence.

13. trip286

trip286 New Member

For real. Seriously. Is this an inside joke or not? I want to hear about this "boating accident". All I've heard were references, someone point me in the direction to find the story, or just tell me the story. Or just let me know if it's an inside joke, Come On!!

14. danf_fl

I tried to recover the great firearms lost in the boating accident after I lost all of mine.
    Shark infested waters, fast currents, dangerous depths are just some of the things I encountered.

So far, I haven't been able to send a camera down to take pictures of the wreckage.

But I understand that the insurance companies paid dearly.

15. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

It has to do with a submarine, underage women and Scotch, lots of Scotch.

(Seriously, I've been a member here for 2 and a half years and I have no idea what they are talking about)

16. orangello

orangello New Member

Wait, i thought the scotch and submarine came into play on that spray sealant test with the screen door? Or was that the spray rubber test and the hookers?

17. trip286

trip286 New Member

I never thought about that spay sealant that way....

18. orangello

orangello New Member

You haven't seen the other commercial in which a lady comes home to see her husband dipping their son's feet in latex to create permanent socks as a money-saving measure? Same basic idea, just spray-on for quick and easy application; hopefully it is quick-dry too.

19. trip286

trip286 New Member

Hopefully it comes off eventually. Careful with the knife...

20. danf_fl

If some of the old timer's ask if you want to go on a weekend cruise, kindly say "No".