gun control on sunday nite footrball

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by locutus, Dec 2, 2012.

1. rhyno13

rhyno13 New Member

Typical non gun owner blaming the tool for the actions of the user.

2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Very good idea. Let's bombard NBC with messages.

3. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

Please post the contact info. I will boycott all their programs including football. I view firearm ownership as worth it.

4. vincent

vincent New Member

Yep, I saw it live...made me effin' furious. Typical libretard, bed wetting fear mongering tactics...taking advantage of a tragedy and ignorance to further a political agenda.

That rant had NO place in a football game. I'd say that Costas and NBC ought to be ashamed of themselves...but they won't...:mad:

I'm sure these azzholes will jump on this too...

Attached Files:

5. fmj

fmj Active Member

It was NBC...but thats just semantics considering both stand for the same view.

6. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

Yeah Nothing But Communism

And Communist Broadcasting Network

7. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

This is another reason I have lost interest in Football. It too has become political tool.

I have the idea of boxing up all New Orleans Saints stuff and setting it in the garage for good. :mad:

8. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Well-Known Member

Counterpoint from a site I already liked quite a bit. I like it even more since this:

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.co...y-thinks-america-cares-about-his-views/19822/

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  9. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

I think, or maybe just hope, that most folks think like Nate.

10. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

11. Bearsdad40cc

Bearsdad40cc New Member

Yep. I was in shock when I heard him say that crap. We all know the gun didn't make him do it.....he would have found another way w/out it!!!! Total BS!!!

12. vincent

vincent New Member

Attached Files:

13. fmj

fmj Active Member

Now i need an e-mail address!

14. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

It's a not a bad idea to show our feelings to NBC. We also need to let NBC know that people in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks. Far more people are injured by football each year than are injured by firearms. I am not against football. I believe football and weapons both are worth the risks. We need to let NBC know that risk cannot be legislated out of our lives.

15. fmj

fmj Active Member

16. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

When individual firearm ownership is sent to the scrap heap of history as it was in Britain, the blame will not lie on those politicians who wished to enslave us, not our nations enemies, nor on the shoulders of those who sought to keep us disarmed... The blame will fall squarely on the shoulders of the millions if firearm owners who were too lazy to speak up.

When your children, or your children's children ask you, 'What was it like when people were free?'
    Your reply will sound like this. 'I don't, know. We had the majority, but we were too busy, too lazy, and too scared to speak up while we could.'

17. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

Here's my email.

No more! You are hereby boycotted! To champion the removal of a constitutional right my family has fought for?
    I view the second amendment more importantly than I view football, your station and your sponsors.
    Your sponsors are on notice too. Not one red cent is going to them or anything they stand for until you retract this anti-gun agenda that is being shoved down our throats.

There's 90 million Americans who feel the same way as me.

Way to lose your base... its cold when you're alone.

Sent from my iPhone

18. fmj

fmj Active Member

The copy of mine...i need to learn to proof read before i hit send! :eek:

Being an avid fan of the NFL i watch Sunday Night Football religiously.

I am also an avid shooter and law abiding gun owner, a firm supporter of the second amendment and the United States Constitution. Being one of the more than 80 million LAW ABIDING gun owners in America, I am highly offended by the remarks/commentary of Bob Costas. It is a sick, sad little man to politicize a tragedy of the loss of a young life and a baby girl being orphaned by said tragedy. His anti gun, anti constitution remarks are a slap in the face to every person that has ever taken an oath to protect and defend the constitution and shed blood or have given their life in defense of that sacred document.

To this end, I will be boycotting NBC Sunday night football, (this includes missing watching my beloved Lions playing the Packers next Sunday and listening to the game on the radio) ALL NBC programming as well as an and all sponsors of the above until such time NBC apologizes to all law abiding, gun owning citizens and Bob Costas either apologizes or is fired.

NBC was quick to fire Hank Jr. over what it thought were inflammatory remarks. It stands to reason the same should be done in this case as well.