Gun control: Church firmly, quietly opposes firearms for civilians

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Bigcountry02, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

I wish I had a comment. I knew this was coming from the Catholic Church. This is more towards gun control than religion.

Gun control: Church firmly, quietly opposes firearms for civilians | USCatholic.org

The Catholic Church's position on gun control is not easy to find; there are dozens of speeches and talks and a few documents that call for much tighter regulation of the global arms trade, but what about private gun ownership?

The answer is resoundingly clear: Firearms in the hands of civilians should be strictly limited and eventually completely eliminated.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  2. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Shame they did not outlaw nails. Jesus would still be alive today.

3. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

No, that would be the Jewish church....and He is ALIVE.

Should have seen this coming. First it's birth control and now guns. The Catholic church is HUGE with a TON of money....this isn't good. Men, we are fighting an uphill battle, stay strong.

4. corrinavatan

corrinavatan New Member

The Catholic Church's stance on gun control and birth control work great on paper.

It's just they keep forgetting that not everyone's a good, upstanding Christian (including their own clergy).

It's kinda like Communism. It works as long as everyone does it, fails as soon as people do what people do.

5. bkt

bkt New Member

Seems like the Church's take on violence is similar to their take on charity. They endorse "social justice" as a means to legislate and compel people to give (even though that's not charitable giving) and they want to use the force of government to ban a means of self defense (even though that's not the same as everyone voluntarily renouncing all violent tendencies).

I applaud their motives but fight their methods tooth and nail.

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

meh, they cover up for molestors, one pope was a hitler youth, another actively celebrated hitler's birthday. doesnt surprise me they want to disarm the people. i dont need the "church" to believe in god.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  7. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Typical!! The thought of self defense never enters their minds.

8. HunterMarksman338

HunterMarksman338 New Member

Oh geez... coming from an organization that technically has their own country and private guard that are heavily armed. :rolleyes:

Don't get me started on the amount of corruption present within the church. Can't list the many reasons why my Spaniard grandparents left the church. The horror stories told from them.... :mad:

9. TimL2952

TimL2952 New Member

Luke 22:36 straight out of the King Jame's Bible

King James Bible
    Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take [it], and likewise [his] scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

To me...the gun is just as common place as edged weapons were in Jesus' time...Seems the Catholic Church is directly disobeying their own lord and savior Jesus Christ....

10. JonM

JonM Moderator

the papacy only follows scripture when it is convenient and they can profit from it.

others may have a different opinion.

11. Bigdog57

Bigdog57 New Member

Look to their highest leadership - European-based, once essentially RULED half the known world, has always had a 'behind-the-scenes' grasp on the leaders of many nations.......

DO NOT look to them to favor the common man or woman. They got fat off the common people's misery for centuries. :mad:

12. janikphoto

janikphoto New Member

Why wouldn't they state that firearms in the hands of government is worse?!? At least civilians use them to hunt for food. The government only uses them to kill humans.

13. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

I believe in an Superior Being that is our Creator and respect the word of the Bible; but, my view of the Catholic Church, it has become bloated with greed over the ages. Look at history of the Catholic Church.

Below is a google link to the "Roman Catholic Church History timeline:

[ame=http://www.google.com/search?q=Roman+Catholic+Church+violent+history&hl=en&prmd=ivns&tbs=tl:1&tbo=u&ei=o7w9TfeTAYyosQP9gK3gAw&sa=X&oi=timeline_result&ct=title&resnum=11&ved=0CFoQ5wIwCg#sclient=psy&hl=en&tbs=tl:1&q=roman+catholic+church+history+timeline&aq=1&aqi=g2g-m2&aql=&oq=Roman+Catholic+Church+history&pbx=1&fp=2d73bcec2e6e3c54]Roman Catholic Church violent history - Google Search[/ame]

Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  14. ApacheBunny

ApacheBunny New Member

Since I don't believe in any religion this doesn't surprise me, first its money for "Jesus", now its disarm the citizens so they can exert more power over their "flock". Well they don't have power over those who don't believe

15. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I believe that the right to protect my loved ones is a God guvenright and they can't take that away.

16. pabstman

pabstman New Member

I don't beleave in any higher being. What I do beleave in is being able to have the ability to keep the wolves outside my doors and keeping my family safe! I hate to say it but it will take alot more then some guys in robes that cant even trust there own priest to take away my rights!

17. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

There is a fine line between Religion and Faith.

This why I practice Faith and leave Religion alone.

Tack