Gun Contest

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by notdku, Oct 18, 2010.

1. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

I've often thought about how cool it would be to giveaway a gun.

I know I would be very excited to just win a gun.

I know there would have to be rules like you have to prove you are old enough and can legally own it in your State.

However, I wonder if it's even legal to giveaway a gun in the first place?

I know, I know, contact a lawyer but curious if anyone has seen a firearm giveaway on another forum before.

2. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

I tried. I went through all the channels. No one really participated. :(

3. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

There are gun raffles at gun clubs and gun club organized events all the time. There are the obvious caveats of being old enough, legal to own a gun, etc.

I think to do it, it would have to be a generic, plain Jane weapon that could pass muster for all the States and some of their stupid laws.

If the weapon leaves your state through an FFL and arrives at an FFL in the winner's hometown, they would then have the responsibility to prove legal ownership through that FFL, the same as any gun sale.

Do you have something in the works Boss?

4. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Working through a FFL holder should clear most hurdles. All the winner should have to do is provide the FFL receiver to sender.

Do you have a FFL who is willing to send out already?

5. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

If something like this should ever come about, here's the list of certified and approved handguns for Kalifornia. :rolleyes:

http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/

6. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Why not just get with a supplier, like Night Hawk, Springfield, Colt, etc. :rolleyes: and have them ship from in house to where ever the winner lives.

That covers the FFL thing, and as far as the age issue, the FFL on the receiving end could verify that, couldn't they?

7. saviorslegacy

saviorslegacy New Member

I like this idea. I mean, it is a firearm give away.

I say it should be contest, not a raffle.

8. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

That is not true, you just did not get the response you wanted. I partcipated, Cane participated and others did as well. You just did not want to really get rid of the "other" Mosin you have. Right?

Anyway, gun giveaways happen all of the time. Mostly through raffles. I had some tickets for a drawing last weekend for a Golden Boy that was held in another state. I did not win. If won out of state, the winner had to pay the FFL transfer fee. FFL does the check.

All that needs to be done is to host a giveaway, and follow the laws. Winner gets the giver an FFL # and pays the transfer. BATFE check is done at the FFL. All is good to go. :D

9. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Horse droppings Shihan, I participated like a mo fo

10. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

That's right, brother. Call him on it. He just let it go away. He never intended to give it away, or he would have. :mad:

11. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Hell I wanted the win on that and Shi went a screwed me over. I se how you roll big boy.:confused:

12. Highpower

Highpower New Member

Can't say I've seen it done on another forum. A local gun club has giveaways at their "spring picnic" usually, and the state shooting association has a raffle for an M1 Garand every year as well. I think the winner has to fill out the necessary paperwork, and the CMP ships them the rifle.

Not sure exactly how that works. Never won it myself of course. :(

edit to add:
    Oooops! Looks like they changed it to an AR15 this year. :eek:

Missouri Sport Shooting Association Online Store - Drawing Ticket

Last edited: Oct 19, 2010
  13. Yunus

Yunus New Member

He specified a minimum of 25 entries to win the gun, that didn't happen. Maybe he will try to give it away again sometime. If he does I hope he lets us reuse photos.

Anyways as to the giving a gun away, I've not seen it done on the national level except in the NRA give aways. My suggestion would be to give away the funds for the gun instead of the gun itself. That way you don't have to find a single gun legal in all 50 states.

14. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

I believe that I participated too.

15. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

16. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

I stand corrected, people participated, just not enough and it was in the clubhouse and open to non-supporters as well.

I still have about 8 qualifying photos.:D

17. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

I got something in the works.

18. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

You're Shi, aren't you......

19. zhuk

zhuk New Member

Nah, he would have said a Sigma...

20. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member