Gun Confiscation - A Reminder From New Orleans!

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by AR10, May 4, 2013.

1. AR10

AR10 New Member

With the images of Boston still fresh on our minds, remember the lessons of Katrina and some of the things we learned from that. With an aggressive police presence at disasters being an given, knowing beforehand what may come, is a benefit. Learn from what the good people of Katrina had to live through in the days and weeks that followed.

This is a video from our friends at NRA. After I watched this video today, I upgraded my membership from Life to Life Endowment.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q2BXH0JfOc[/ame]

2. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Like it or not the NRA is the best ally we have as gun owners. I've had my complaints about them too. But we are much better off with them than without them.

It's a good thing to watch vids like this now and again and remember.It has happened before and it will be tried again.

3. WNGMSTR

WNGMSTR Troll Scout

Powerful video.

Every crisis whether it is shootings, storms or attacks will be a test plot for disarmament.

4. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

And yet, some supposedly "pro-gun" people here still still bad mouth the NRA!:(

5. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

That is exactly what I am saying will happen if Obummer calls home all the guns. Not the police though, it will be the National Guard, and there won't be much we can do, as you will be out numbered and 0ut gunned.

6. locutus

You're right. BUT:

But if you remember, after Katrina, the congress passed legislation, and President Bush signed it, to prevent that from happening again. And it hasn't.

Not even after Sandy in anti-gun NY and NJ.

7. AR10

AR10 New Member

Charlton Heston may have said it best:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORYVCML8xeE[/ame]

8. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 New Member

Katrina put an end to that liberal saying regarding gun confiscation "It can't happen here".

9. locutus

And with the national outrage and the legislation passed after Katrina, it may have well put an end to confiscation, period.

10. trip286

trip286 New Member

It was illegal to confiscate personal property before that happened. US Constitution. Don't see what would stop them from doing it now. We all know criminals don't follow laws.

11. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 New Member

That's right. The Feds will try doing anything that they want to do. It's then up to citizens to go through the court system to put an end to abuses. But with more and more liberal courts it's like banging your head against a stone wall.

12. Rocky7

Rocky7 New Member

I've seen this video before. It's pretty disturbing, alright.

People who think the police would never "x" or "y", should watch it. German police did things in the 30's that nobody expected in the 20's. Police forces in Canada have acted despicably, too, especially if they see a weapon. It is far too often an excuse to indulge their bully instincts. It's a good thing civilians don't react the same way when they see a cop with a weapon!

At the risk of sounding like a meddling preacher, those sheriffs who stepped up and announced during the recent bout of gun phobia that they would stand against federal forces in order to protect their citizens' constitutional rights, are truly exceptional and deserving of high regard and deep respect. It is much easier for them to join the pack than to stand their ground. You are blessed to have elected sheriffs and, obviously, you have some dandies.

13. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Personal property has been confiscated before and after the Bill of Rights. The Tax man has been doing that since the beginning of the Nation. The Father of our Country Geo. Washington made his first Presidential trip to confiscate property of Distillers in Pennsylvania. :confused:

14. chuckusaret

chuckusaret Member

There has been much discussion on all the gun forums about the possibility of the local police, Feds, National Guard and active military being used to confiscate our weapons. Also the possibility of them using deadly force. New Orleans is witness to the fact that they will, it is no longer a possibility.

15. fa35jsf

fa35jsf New Member

Ok, so what do you do if you were in that situation?

Could you pretend like you weren't home? Nope. They confiscated from homes that were already evacuated.

Could you simply not open the door to the police and try to explain to them that you have your rights yaddy da da....? Nope. They are still coming in.

Would you shoot your own police officers? God hope not. Regardless of what they are doing.

Would you let them take your firearms and be left helpless? Well thats a crappy option.

Would you hide them really good and hope the police don't find them? Well this might be one of the only decent options but you are defying the police at that point and are subject to whatever punishment might come from it.

Any way you decide to look at the problem, you're screwed. It just gets me pissed off because it wouldn't matter what you do in that situation, someone is still gonna do you wrong.

16. Threetango

Threetango Audentes Fortuna Iuvat Supporter

Anyone else receive a letter from NRA saying you have been nominated for a National Patriots Medal and membership in the "Golden Eagles" ? :confused:

17. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 New Member

I've been a member of the Golden Eagles for years. Have the bumper sticker on my vehicle.

18. Birchhatchery

Birchhatchery New Member

i just want to no when it happened did they come door to door and just ask people if they owned guns or did they already no who did and who did not. and who in the right mind would tell them that you had them nowing full well they will take them?

19. GTX63

GTX63 New Member

Not I......

20. locutus

BTW folks, the confiscation was ordered by the MAYOR of N.O., not the state or federal govt.