Gun Club

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by roosterjuicer, Mar 18, 2009.

1. roosterjuicer

roosterjuicer New Member

Is anyone here a member of a gun club? I am joining one tonight. the local chapter of the izzak walton league here in lincoln. I am joining because they parks department has decided to stop cutting the grass out by the lakes here where we used to shoot so its hard to set up any handgun/rifle targets anymore and its like a 30 minute drive.

the gun club has ranges from 7 yards to 300 yards. I guess ill do some trap shooting there too even though thats still pretty easy down at the lake. what really sold me on this place though is that when i went to check the place out, all the people shooting seemed really nice and gave me a little tour of the place even though they were just normal members.

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

When I lived in Colorado, was a member of the Ben Lomond club- nice 500+ acre range complex- you could shoot anything that did not need wheels on it. :rolleyes:

Now living in VA, belong to Black Creek Shooters. 5 nice ranges, but only 100 yds (problem here in the East with room) Nice members, $100 yr, covered shooting line, GUNSMITH ON PREMISES, open 7 days/week.

3. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

I'm with the Great Falls Shooting Sports Complex/Ed McGivern Pistol Club. We have a 50, 100, and 300 yard ranges, and we also have a dedicated skeet/trap range.

Pretty good deal. It's only about 15 min away from my home, so I'm not complaining.

4. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Hey I am a fellow Ike been one for 3 years. One of the best clubs to join. I am in the alexindria chapter in stafford va. Home Page IWLA - Alexandria Chapter I am chairman of the rifle range.

5. roosterjuicer

roosterjuicer New Member

here's the website for the lincoln chapter. looks like yours is really nice!

Index

6. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

I miss living near an Izzak range.......................:(

Maybe one day my town will get with the program...lol.

7. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

Wisconsin Sportsman Association. Rifle, Trap, Skeet, Archery Ranges.
    We promote the shooting sports along with hunter safety and 4H.

8. WDB

WDB New Member

I have a membership at my local range, they offer walk on's but you can save a lot of money by becoming a member if you shoot a lot. Recently the range I am a member at has a bay for members only, they have four six lane shooting bays and decided to set one aside for members. It's nice as your not shooting next to a newbee or someone you don't know. Also I get 10% off in the gun shop.