Gun club in dfw

Discussion in 'Texas Gun Forum' started by marine04, Sep 16, 2012.

1. marine04

marine04 New Member

I'm looking to join a coed gun club to have people to shoot with and make friends that have the same interest. If anyone knows of anything let me know.

2. gollygee

gollygee New Member

I don't know if this would apply to a metropolitan area like Dallas/Ft Worth, but I've learned about an American Legion setup in Lindale, Texas that sounds good. They have a park which includes a small lake, picnic & day camping area, as well as an outdoor pistol & rifle range with very reasonable membership fees. Check with your American Legion to see if they have something similar.

3. marine04

marine04 New Member

I'll check. Even going out to Lindell would be nice to get out of the city. I have family near there in grand saline. Thanks

4. gollygee

gollygee New Member

Yeah, would make a nice day trip to meet them for a picnic, a little shooting, etc. :) Once you got to open road, probably only an hour away, but may take longer than that to fight your way out of that DFW traffic!

5. marine04

marine04 New Member

Yeah I thinks it's about an hour and a half drive to get out there from where I live

6. paul

paul New Member

DFW area gunclub

I'm a memeber of the american legion, I wonder if i could enjoy the "club" at Lindale. I think it would be great fun to picnic and shoot,all at the same area. I guess the contact point would be american legion and go from there, unless there is some other helpful info someone may have. I live in Frisco.

7. gollygee

gollygee New Member

Sure won't hurt to ask. From what I've been told, there is a membership fee & an annual fee for range use. I would suppose your membership fee would be good for either location & the range use fee is like $35 per year which is not bad at all. But don't quote me on this as I haven't personally checked into it yet.