Gun Clip Engraving With A CNC Machine.

Discussion in 'Engraving & Refinishing' started by CNC602, Dec 23, 2009.

1. CNC602

CNC602 New Member

Did an Engraving on a gun clip (.40 Cal), It was not for me. But I was wondering if the engraving area would affect the way the clip loaded into the gun. Would the marked area cause any damage. I would imagine it might make loading the clip not as smooth.

Wondering if Gun Clip Engraving is something gun enthusiast would want to do.

Were using a Vision Engraving Systems Max Pro Engraver. It's a Rotary Engraver not laser.

Here is a video link below.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFK-g4crlDo]YouTube - Gun Clip Engraving on a .40 Cal Gun Clip Using A Vision Engraving Systems Max Pro Engraver[/ame]

Some info on the CNC Engraving Machine we used.
    Computerized Engraving Machines & CNC Routers by Vision™ - Max Pro Jewelry Engraving Machine & Glass Engraving Machine

2. NGIB

NGIB New Member

They are called magazines - not clips...

3. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

AAARRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGG...... This is the one thing that just really trips my trigger.... It's a MAGAZINE not a "clip" people should not learn to talk about weapons, firearms, guns, bang sticks, gats, boomers (did I miss any?) from the TV.

4. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Can my clips be engraved?

[​IMG]

5. BillM

BillM Active Member Supporter

Well--I suppose it COULD have been a clip.

Genitron.com: Bergmann 1896 Pistol

That's the ONLY clip fed pistol I know of--anybody got another one? There
    are a few that use strippers, but that's not really a clip.

Hmm--the OP did say ".40 cal"---so BZZZZZTTT, it's a magazine!

6. CNC602

CNC602 New Member

umm ok... So would this type of CNC engraving using a Vision Engraving Systems rotary type engraver on a magazine affect performance in any way?

7. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Since I have no idea that that tool/machine is I will say that as long as the engraving is not too deep and is not in the area of the feed lips, it should not adversely effect performance or strength of the magazine.