Gun Bumper Stickers

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by VannMann, Nov 25, 2012.

1. VannMann

VannMann New Member

One of the craziest thing I see is bumper stickers on the back of cars. The advertise a gun manufacturer or opinion. Here is the problem as I see it. I volunteer at schools, go into the country court house to use the law library and enter other buildings where guns are not permitted. So where is the gun? In the car. Where are the bad guys? In the parking lot. So what car would look good to them to break into and have a good pay day? The one that says "I have a gun in the car". Because you are in a building that they know a good law abiding would not carry a weapon into. They would. Now have I carried into a place I was not suppose to sure. I am a sinner. Most of the time my mind just forgot. But the issue is, take the gun stickers off the cars. Bad guys love them! I live in Texas, it is assumed there is one in there anyway. But do not help them decide which car to break into.

2. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Good point to digest.

3. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

I don't advertise for any cause or the fact that I'm a gun owner on my car. I do have a couple STL Cardinals stickers on the windows. I don't want people that I don't know knowing my politics or what I own. I don't even tell my doctor's office that I'm a gun owner.

4. MoreAltitude

MoreAltitude New Member

Had this very argument with a friend on Saturday. We were leaving a gunshow where my friend had donated and joined GeorgiaCarry.org, and the packet they gave him contained a "ga carry" sticker. He immediately slapped it on his cars back glass. He said he wanted to support his organization, I said I'd never advertise that I carry. Guess we both have a good reason for our opinion...

5. cllowe

cllowe New Member

I don't even like to wear t shirts with gun logos for almost the same reason.

6. cvia

cvia New Member

It's just like CC VS OC. Both have perks and cons. It's up to a person to decide which one they prefer. Does having that sticker or OC make you a target or does it show you are not to be messed with?

7. VannMann

VannMann New Member

Sure you are not to be messed with, if you are IN the car. But if you are not IN the car, and you are IN a building that you cannot carry IN, then your car is defenseless.

8. mountainskytop

mountainskytop New Member

OC gives the BG the advantage. That's a no no in my book! VA has OC but I only see that at a range, if then, My CCW means just that; DON'T ADVERTISE!

9. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I have a NRA sticker, one that says Got Sig? And a Firearms Talk sticker on my car. I don't see any problem with it. Many people use bumpers or back glass to say something or another. I've yet to have a vehicle messed with. Just like I've never had a problem when I OC'd someplace. I don't think either pouts a target on your back or back glass as the case may be. I'd wager most people don't try to rob cops is that gun on their hip. If you are situationally aware (and you should be armed or not) there shouldn't be a problem. But that's just one mans opinion. And like farts everyone has em and they most the time stink.

10. cuate

cuate New Member

Living in some places in the US, Cities, for instance where there are thugs and zombies in huge numbers, we should or must consider our firearms as we would consider a poker hand, never reveal it to others ! They can't steal or beat a hand that they are unaware of .

11. steve666

steve666 New Member

I advertise nothing!!! No bumper stickers, no nra, no gun t-shirts or jackets, no patches on my range bag. People who know me know that somewhere there is a gun. Otherwise, it's on a need to know basis and nobody needs to know! In this manner I neither make myself a target for theives nor do I give up the advantage of surprise in tactical situations.

12. pnolans

pnolans New Member

1. I NEVER leave a gun in the car without my
    2. Dogs that I take everywhere with me.
    3. It hasn't devolved to that situation yet here in Co. Springs. In Denver or Pueblo maybe, but not here yet. at least WHERE I GO ...

I have a Ruger, Remington, and Browning sticker on my car. Also Grateful Dead, and "Wag More, Bark Less"

13. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Well, I DID have some spare NRA stickers. They wound up on M-2 50 cals in Iraq- included them in some care packages to the guys!

14. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

There are zombies in your city?

15. JD1969

JD1969 New Member

I agree with the OP. I won't put any gun stickers on my car. I have two stickers on there from a ski company that I promote (they in return give me VERY good deals on gear) and a heli skiing operation that I have a relationship with. IMO gun stickers on a car are a big sign that says "please break in and steal stuff".

16. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

I have an NRA, Larue, Colt and Magpul sticker on my truck... 2 things.

1) I no longer have tailgaters.
    2) Reminds the anti-gunners that we are everywhere.

I don't leave weapons in my car, and I don't know where the OP lives, but around here....
    Lets see, just going to my car today, I saw a 'don't tread on me' sticker. A 2A sticker. Multiple NRA stickers, a got sig sticker.
    That's my school parking lot.

However, my college is VERY pro 2A, they will let you store firearms on campus and check them out if you need them. We HAD a range, but the EPA shut it down because of ventilation.
    Common sight to see gun racks loaded with rifles, at school. I know plenty of people who keep guns in their cars anyways.

Like I said, very pro 2A college.

17. JD1969

JD1969 New Member

I miss Maine :(

18. 1911love

1911love New Member

I also agree with the no stickers policy. I carry, but also have a "truck gun" in the glove box that never leaves the vehicle. If I were a criminal I would look for stickers to make my target selection. I don't want to advertise what might be in my vehicle when I'm away. Those stickers won't change any anti's mind in my opinion because they have already proven they have no logic by being an anti in the first place.

19. okdonk

okdonk New Member

I used to have "Got Glock?" Decal on my rear side window. Took it off.
    But now i have Firearmstalk.com decal, New Frontier Armory decal, Noveske and Spike's Tactical logos. I just love them.

20. VannMann

VannMann New Member

For those who say I would never leave a gun in my car, I think you are missing my point. So let's put a general story together. You are out for the day. You are carrying your own weapon as usual. And you have no plans to go inside in type of government or school buildings or banks. But you get a emergency call from your child's school. Something has happened and you need to go into the school. Uhm.....are you going to carry into the school? Where are you going to leave that weapon? This is a generalize story. Get my point?