Gun belt help please!!

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by eborden1122, Mar 2, 2013.

1. eborden1122

eborden1122 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I am looking for a high quality belt that is nice enough to wear to work for IWB carry. Can I get some suggestions please? Thank you

2. activereality

activereality New Member

Check out SOE Gear. I've use em for years in and out of the military. Never had any gear fail on me. Or find a belt that is very well made locally. I'm sure you could find one either way. Just needs to be sturdy and have an appropriate level of awesome.

3. mdauben

mdauben New Member

4. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

what king of work do you do? a web type belt might pass in a machine shop but not in an office.

5. ALfiremedic1

ALfiremedic1 New Member

This is a question that I've had too. So I guess the point is that as long as the best is nice and sturdy, then it's fine?

6. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Yes. Generally speaking a sturdy 2" leather belt is sufficient. Unfortunately not all gun belts are equal. You do not want to wear a belt with a "tell" because it appears out of place in a particular situation.

7. RfMcRae

RfMcRae New Member

Budk.com has a few 2" pistol belts that are good quality.

8. treehugger49

treehugger49 New Member

I second The Beltman recommedation. I have two of his belts, and can't say enough good things about them. Lots of options from which to choose, and of particular propriety to those who carry IWB, he offers closer hole spacing which makes fine tuning for comfort much easier.

CrossBreed also offers a good gunbelt, too, from what I've read, although I haven't used theirs.

9. eborden1122

Good question, its a professional setting where a sport coat is needed and sometime a suit/tie. Thats why I need it to look nice but also sturdy. Thanks everyone for your help, Ed

10. activereality

activereality New Member

Ooh. Ok. Yeah I'd get a sturdy leather. But be prepared to need to replace it after a few years. They tend to stretch after while.

11. treehugger49

treehugger49 New Member

That's exactly why I recommend buying a good, stiff gunbelt instead of an off-the-rack belt.

A good gunbelt will last years without sagging or stretching.

12. eborden1122

I checked out the beltman.net that was previously mentioned and they look nice and appear to be durable. Thats why I love this site, everyone will try and help. Thanks everyone for your help and have a nice day. Ed

13. bigbomar4

bigbomar4 New Member

I like my Liger belt from Edgy Gear. I ordered mine from Maxpedition for about 60 bucks. Its made out of polymer reinforced with kevlar. Iv had mine over a year and it has not stretch at all. It also looks like a dress belt.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2013