guide rod laser? :/

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Broke124, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Broke124

Broke124 New Member

Will a new guide rod laser affect the reliability of my Glock in ANY way? If not, I really want one!

"...rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." /G\

2. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Do a search in the forum. It will be the 5 th one

3. Gunner5607

Gunner5607 New Member

I've had one for over 10 years with no issues

4. Broke124

Broke124 New Member

Do you see it helping @ all with on the move shooting, or multiple target shooting? Just tryin to warrant that big of a purchase.

"...rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." /G\

5. Engine5truck

Engine5truck New Member

I have the lasermax internal and haven't had any major problems

6. Gunner5607

Gunner5607 New Member

Honestly, I just removed it because holster kept activating the unit. During training, I found that no matter how many times it told myself to turn it on I didn't or surprised myself that the laser was on and I didn't know it. I just kept going to the front sight. They are great when using a ballistic shield.

I think that a good weapon light mounted on the gun is worth more but the laser has the CDI (chicks dig it) factor hands down!

7. mayscat44

mayscat44 New Member

I've had the lasermax on my daily carry gen3 g19 rtf for 2 years and have had to clean the contacts a few times but all and all I'm glad I bought it. And yes, it can help with certain drills at the range and helps with muscle memory in point shooting for example. I carry it in a LH Minotaur from Comp-Tac and it has NEVER activated my laser.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  8. Mdrums

Mdrums New Member

Just saw this at my gun shop on a used G26. Pretty cool deal. My gun shop said they have installed them with no issues and a customer was standing there that has this on his G19 and said the smae, zero issues.

9. Engine5truck

Engine5truck New Member

I have the sherrer paddle holster and have never had a problem with it activating. As for my cross breed super stuck I had to do a little modification. Just cut out where the slide lock is and fixed the problem

10. Belltactical

Belltactical New Member

Have the older style laseramx rod in a sig 220. They sent me a "tune up kit " for free a few years ago. Never had. Problem regardless of holster.

11. touchmyg1ock

touchmyg1ock New Member

I also want this laser on my glock. I heard that the spring goes bad and needs to be replaced fairly often, I've also heard that there is a bushing in it that wears out or something. It steered me away from buying it, but now that I see people saying its reliable... I'm thinking about it again. To the people who own this laser, how many rounds have you shot with it in the gun?

12. peters923

peters923 New Member

+1.........

13. Engine5truck

Engine5truck New Member

The only problem I had was when I threw a bout a hundred rounds down range, the laser got dirty and made it hard to see which isn't that big of a deal as long
    As you clean it after each use. And it may seem a little loose on the barrel but once it's cocked it's ready to go.

14. mayscat44

mayscat44 New Member

About 1,000 in my Glock 19

15. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

I don't use one because it is one more thing to think about and one more thing to go wrong. At combat ranges I am happy with iron sights. I believe in Keeping it simple.

I do think that a guide rod laser would be fun, but for me it is practical to buy more ammo with the money the laser would cost and practice, practice, practice.:D