Guess who's an NCO now? Me

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by JiroZero713, Oct 14, 2010.

1. JiroZero713

JiroZero713 Active Member

[​IMG]

Say hello to EM3 Jiro.

Well at least tomorrow I'll be.

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

What?!??! Who the hell let this kid out of boot?! Cane!! Did you have something to do with this?!?!

LOL - Congratulations Jiro!! Well done.

JD

3. JiroZero713

Heh. It's a wild ride.

It's amazing I've only been in the Navy for 8 months and I'm already an E-4.

4. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

So, is that P.O. 3rd class? Or first class? I can never remember. :eek:

In any event, well done my young man, well done indeed.

Just keep your head on straight and don't go trying to throw your weight around, you will be alright.

Do you have a ship assignment yet? I am afraid I don't know much about how Navy SOP is structured....:eek:

5. JiroZero713

**** no. I'm still training. I just passed A school. Now I go to power school for another 6 months...then I go to prototype.

Once I'm done I get 25 Grand as a bonus and I'll probably be 2nd Class by that time.

I'm Petty Officer 3rd Class. I'm an Electrician's Mate....right now I'll be on hold til I go to power school to get my Nuke Designation.

It's awesome because I'm only 20 Years old right now. Hell if I work my *** off in 6-10 Years I can make chief quite easily.

6. MoHawk

MoHawk New Member

Wow, already? I joined the wrong branch. It was almost 3 years till I sewed on E-4. COngrats, and JD.... It's 3rd class

7. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Congratulations!! :cool:

8. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Wow! Way to go Jiro. That is definitely a trade that you can parlay into a great career once you get out as well. Well done sir!!

9. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

WOW, The Navy promotes fast.:eek: You'll be a Master Chief by next July. Congrats. When do you take your next rate test?

10. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Congratulations Jiro. Good for you.

11. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Damn Navy, they'll promote anyone!

Good on you Jiro. Be aware that being an NCO means a lot more than just a few extra $$$ a month - it's a real responsibility so take it seriously. I was 28 when I made E-7 and many thought I was to young to be a Senior NCO . Since I've always been a dick - I adapted very well at the young age...

12. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Great job JZ

You make us proud.

13. Ploofy

Ploofy New Member

=) Gratz, bro. I hope to go to Annapolis and either join the Navy or Marines.

14. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

Congrats bro. Glad to hear you are doing well. Thanks for your service.

15. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

CongratulationsyoucertainlydeserveditweareallproudofyouWHENISTHEPROMOTIONPARTY ??? :D

16. JiroZero713

Thanks guys. My next rate test? Not sure probably a year or so from now. I still have to go through power school which is 6 months of math chemistry and reactor priciples.

17. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Good job jiro. I take it you haven't shot holes in the roof of that barracks yet? Sorry I had to do it.

LOL

Just a note your not geting $25k all at once. They are nice and break it down. you will get $12.5k then then 6.25 half way through your enlistment and the last 6.25 towards the end I believe.

But if you do get all $25K I think you should get a Nighthawk for congrad yourself....

18. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

19. RugerShootinGal

RugerShootinGal New Member

That is just wonderful!! You should be very proud of yourself. I know a bunch of people are!!:D

20. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Congratulations Third Class Electricians Mate Petty Officer JhiroZero!!

If you make it to the FTF National Meet and Greet, I'll tack that crow on for ya!!