Gsg stg 44

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by colmustard, Mar 2, 2014.

1. colmustard

colmustard New Member

So what are your opinions on the GSG STG 44? Been looking at them for a while and was now considering one. Does anyone have experience with them? Love the WW2 aspect for historical reasons, so this would be cool to have, also I guess they are coming out with a MP40 version too.

2. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Not that one, but we have rented the GSG A5/22 mp5 copy...had no issues with it, Big 5 has them brand new here for $349, but only comes with 1-22 rd. & 1-10 Rd. Mag.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

3. colmustard

colmustard New Member

I have yet to see any negatives on them, so I may go ahead and get this one! Should be a fun range plinker!

4. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

They feel great, look authentic and shoot pretty good. They prefer CCI Mini Mags and don't like cheap ammo. Get ya one!

5. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

I like the STG, but the Mz needs the folding stock of the MP5 types....

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

6. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

Because they went through so much trouble to make them to the 7.92 specs, the front sight is too tall so the gun shoots really low. This can be remedied by elevating the rear sight though. At least that's what I hear.

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

im not a fan of the company itself.

their build quality as in the metal itself is pretty poor at best.

my gsg was made of very poor quality MiM and under normal usage a big chunk of frame rail pealed off.

just my two primer worth. good luck if you get one.

8. 1stmini

1stmini New Member

I have a GSG 552 and love it , fun to shoot ,
    the GSG line seems to have FTF and FTE issues but with some work they do pretty good , even my Ruger has problems , ran mine at a pin shoot yesterday 3/8/14 and after some minor work on it , the better bolt kit and the buffer , slapping the mag to seat the bullets it ran with no malfunctions through 100 rds , other than the operator not getting the mag in good one time , fun gun NOW

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014