GSG or Sig 1911 .22

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by getem2011, May 22, 2012.

1. getem2011

getem2011 New Member

I am going to buy one of the two tomorrow. I found the gsg for $320 otd or the Sig for $360 otd. My question is whether or not the Sig is worth extra $40? Let me know what you think and if you have both PLEASE let me know your thoughts. My concern is surrounding the finish of the gsg vs the sig, I have heard that it is poor quality..

2. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

They are the same gun. It appears the Sigs have nicer grips than the ATI branded GSG's.

Either price you quote is GTG, I paid ~$365 for my GSG. It was an impulse buy. :D

A GSG is a blast to shoot, pun is intentional.

Here is a link for you to get more info.:
    http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/gsg-1911-a-59442/

Last edited: May 22, 2012

3. vaskeet

vaskeet New Member

please check out the RIA xt22 a little more money but a real 1911 lower with a fixed barrel and a steel slide I love mine Randy

4. qwiksdraw

qwiksdraw New Member

Options make the choice easy

You have different options like finish, faux silencer, rail, etc. Make your choice on these and that will tell you the price. I got the Sig Sauer with the FDE finish. I have also shot the GSG, too. They are clearly the same basic gun, it is really nice to have a lot of choices when you look at both brands.

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  5. Wiebelhaus

Wiebelhaus New Member

Same here, LGS has the Sig used, I think he want 260-300 for it, doesn't look like it was used much, think I'm going to grab it.

6. apowers1214

apowers1214 New Member

I bought the GSG and my friend bought the sig. She has to use CCI mini mag I can shoot any ammo. I went to www.cwaccessories.com and had some accessories purchased through him. My gun sings and is a blast to shoot. You can't go wrong with any of the choices.

7. Wiseman3

Wiseman3 New Member

I've got the GSG and I love it. I have not had any problems with it couldn't say about the sign because I don't have one or have shot it

8. limbkiller

limbkiller New Member

The exact same gun other than grips. I have the GSG since they 1st came out. Fun guns to shoot. Lots of parts that standard 1911 use will work. Buy the gsg and save the money unless you like the grips on the sig model.

9. getem2011

getem2011 New Member

10. RogerH

RogerH New Member

I have the sig and son in law has the gsg . i do think the quality is better on the sig. yes the are the same gun but mine seems to be smoother than his