GSG MP5 22lr

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by gutz47, Oct 22, 2011.

1. gutz47

gutz47 New Member

Anyone have some personal trigger time on one of these? I hear a lot of mixed opinions on them but they are the only 22lr mp5 clone I have found. Should I move on to another 22 or jump all over one?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2011
  2. trip286

trip286 New Member

I've subscribed to this thread because I want to hear some info too. I've been seeing these around quite a bit, and they look cool as hell. I've heard they're fairly decent, but I want to hear it from people I trust.

3. blitzen25cat

blitzen25cat New Member

I picked up a GSG510 with 110 rd drum and two 22rd stick mags. The only changes I've made was going to a side folder stock and replaced the takedown screws with HK pins and a recoil buffer. I added an older Tasco Accudot red dot scope I had laying around. Prior to adding the scope(haven't sighted it in yet) I have about 1200 rds of Blazer through it with only one ftf about half way through the first drum.That was the only ftf I've had. It is a fun gun to shoot and I do not regret buying it. I also have a GSG 1911 and have about 1500 rds with NO ftf. They are great fun guns and don't break the bank. Best regards:D

4. gutz47

gutz47 New Member

Much apreciated sir. When I first heard of them being made by an airsoft company I was skeptical. But it seems the bad reviews are the older ones. Maybe they've worked some bugs out. H&k opened a lawsuit against them, that may have had something to do with it.

5. trip286

trip286 New Member

I'd heard rumor that they are actually made under license by HK now, although I don't believe it myself.

6. gutz47

gutz47 New Member

Changed my mind. I think I'm just gonna get a 10/22. Can't got wrong, right?

7. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

I have one. I've shot a few thousand rounds through it and haven't cleaned it yet. :D Still works good, still accurate. I like it, not practical though, just a real fun plinker. If I didn't have the cash to spend, I would get a 10/22, simply because you can hunt more with it (IMO). But if you like shooting hundreds of rounds, the GSG really fills that void. I see it as a money saver. Hope that helps.

8. JonM

JonM Moderator

not true. HK sued them in europe because the first model was too close to an actual hkmp5 in looks. they had to pull existing models change it enough to make it different in appearence and thats the model thats out now.

9. gutz47

gutz47 New Member

Didn't they ask people to send the old ones back? I like the look of the older ones. Is it possible to find one?

10. chucksolo69

chucksolo69 New Member

Yep, have one and have a little over 1000 rounds through it with no problems except the occasional dud round. I have a Leapers scope on mine and it is deadly accurate with sub 1" groups at 25 yards and one hole groups at 50 yards. A definate joy to shoot.

11. trip286

trip286 New Member

That sounds backwards, you sure it ain't the other way around?
    Makes it sound like you get better groups at longer range

12. chucksolo69

chucksolo69 New Member

No, by one hole groups I mean I can place all shots so that the hole just gets bigger and bigger.

13. gutz47

gutz47 New Member

So how's the durability? If you dropped it, would it snap in two? I hear an airsoft company makes them. I hope they're more durable than an airsoft gun.

14. deputynolehace

deputynolehace New Member

Reg: GSG-5

I bought a GSG-5 from Sportsmans Warehouse. Fired about 500 round over two years. On the 4th time out with it, it started firing with an open bolt, sometime fullauto. I took it back to the store and they sent it back to American Tactical Imports for repairs two weeks after the warrenty had expired.
    They want $169.00 to return my weapon, they said that I must have bought a used gun, because the barrel was to "thin" and had to be replaced. I don't think the gun is worth $100. If I pay for the repairs I'll have more than $675.00 into a piece of junk. They won't buy it back. Sportsmans Warehouse has been no help. I don't think I'll ever shop there again.

Anyone with any ideas as to how to get my weapon back without paying the full price?

15. gutz47

gutz47 New Member

Geez man, that sucks. Its horror stories like these that make me wanna just mod out a 1022. For the same price I could jazz up one of those. Sorry about your luck man, I have no ideas on how to get that thing back.

16. deputynolehace

deputynolehace New Member

Thanks, maybe if the word gets out that they don't stand behind their product it may help change their mind.