Gsg 1911

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by soapstonekid, Mar 4, 2012.

1. soapstonekid

soapstonekid New Member

Im looking to purchase a 22 lr 1911 to keep out of bankruptcy! Looking for the good, bad and ugly on this firearm.

2. apowers1214

apowers1214 New Member

Bought mine about a month ago have over 1500 rounds through it. Eats every kind of ammo. I have also seen them with a lot of extras. I really don't have any negative to give to you. Hope this helps.

3. bartwatkins

bartwatkins Member

Yeah, ditto....
    Have had mine almost a year now. Love it.
    It is picky with some ammo though. It does not like hp ammo as good as round nose (fmj) ammo.

4. limbkiller

limbkiller New Member

I've had mine for 2 1/2 yrs. Changed a bunch of stuff. Love it and it eats anything I put in it so far.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. canebrake

canebrake New Member

I've had mine since they came out. No issues and it eats everything I've fed it.

DSCF5744.jpg

I am looking to get another 1911-22 but this time I'm going with the Colt/Umarex/Walther version. It breaks down like a real 1911.

colt_1911-22a.jpg

6. limbkiller

limbkiller New Member

When you get the Colt give us a comparison of the two.

7. canebrake

canebrake New Member

You know I will but it's second in line to my Commander I have on order.

[​IMG]

8. limbkiller

limbkiller New Member

Now that is a beautiful gun. Simple roll marks, great sights, and it's a Colt. Not a fan of FCS but the tight lines are nice, The ones on STI are horrid (for example) but they make a good gun. The DE is a great 1911 for the money but the roll mark is a BILLBOARD. Anyway congrats on a new Colt.
    PS love that hammer on that one.

9. progolfer_iii

progolfer_iii New Member

I've had mine for a while. I have had a few issues but nothing big. I shoot steel challenge with it and love it. This guy has a bunch of cool parts for the GSG.

http://www.cwaccessories.com/index.html

10. apowers1214

apowers1214 New Member

Ha I know him. He is a member at my sportsmen's club great guy and great shooter!

11. kilo7

kilo7 New Member

I got my GSG 1911-22 a few months back. I think it's good for the price (don't like the plastic guide rod). I've had a few ammo issues, but not enough to make the think less of it. I needed a .22 with a threaded barrel and chose it - no complaints thus far.

12. progolfer_iii

progolfer_iii New Member

You can get replacement guide rod here. http://www.cwaccessories.com/index.html

The one you have now should be aluminum. Mine has not broke yet, but the consensus is that it will, so i ordered a new longer one.

13. soapstonekid

soapstonekid New Member

Well picked up a gsg tactical yesterday. So far so good. Few hundred rounds through it with no problems. Thanks for the feed and back. Now I've gotta get some parts to make it mine. Trigger work first!!!

14. scott_gen

scott_gen New Member

What kind of pricing are we looking at for a 22lr 1911?

15. soapstonekid

soapstonekid New Member

I paid $349 plus tax. I've almost shot that much in 45 ammo last month

16. scott_gen

scott_gen New Member

That's not bad at all.

17. soapstonekid

soapstonekid New Member

Finally got a picture uploaded.

ForumRunner_20120315_193030.jpg

18. apowers1214

apowers1214 New Member

Very nice !!!

19. Dino1

Dino1 New Member

I've got the Sig version.
    I added a stainless steel full guide rod and some custom grips that reminded me of the "Desert Warrior".

It's very reliable and very accurate. :)

[​IMG]

20. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

The GSG 1911 is nice gun. Don't like the plastic guide rod. Bought a Colt Umerx 1911. It is Damn sure not a Colt. I will keep it but?:rolleyes: