GSG 1911 .22lr OR Sig 1911 .22lr ???

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by getem2011, Sep 15, 2011.

1. getem2011

getem2011 New Member

Which is better? I have heard they are the same exact (made in the same factory) gun just different names stamped on them.
    Any experience handling one of them? Let me know what you think.

2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

They're the same, find the one with the best price.

Sig 1911 22lr

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

same gun. go with sig easier to get warranty work done.

4. TheSadPanda

TheSadPanda New Member

Like Cane said, they are the same gun, with different names on them. That being said, I'd go with GSG. The gun is going to be cheaper, and from what I have heard, GSG has excellent CS. I'm not saying that Sig doesn't, but the gun is so friggin reliable you probably wont need to get any warranty work done. Just my $.02. Whatever you do, DON'T get a Chiappa 1911 .22. Let us know what you decide :)

5. canebrake

canebrake New Member

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

if anyone is going to have an issue its me. im rough on my gear and guns. if some company wants a true torture test send me one of whatever if i dont break it in 6 months its a damn good piece of gear!!

just follow that link for the whole story. the base issue with the ati CS is they didnt fully explain to my dealer how to send it for repair. it was some misunderstandings that led to lot of monkey business. resulting in huge frustration on my part.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  7. bartwatkins

bartwatkins Member

I have the GSG .22 1911...
    Purchased it back in April. The LGS that I bought from also had a Sig .22 1911 in stock at the same time. I went with the GSG because it was slightly less expensive - not much less, but I felt that I would only be paying more for the Sig name. Not saying anything is wrong with the Sig at all. Those who have them seem to be very pleased - it's just me personally - did not want to pay more for the exact same thing just with a different branding name on it.

Anyway, the GSG has perfromed near flawlessly for me. Hundreds of rounds through it. My kids love to shoot it & so do I.
    Bart