Gsg 1911-22

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by mt232, Mar 24, 2012.

1. mt232

mt232 New Member

I know I have seen something on this gun before on here but can't find it, but could anyone tell me if it's worth buying. I am looking at getting a plinking handgun and have been looking into this gun. If anyone has any comments on it that would be great, thanks.

2. Misfire

Misfire New Member

I used to own one and it was an excellent gun. I was reliable and accurate. I sold it because I still much prefer my Browning.

3. Wiseman3

Wiseman3 New Member

I think most of the talk about the GSG is under the 1911 forum. and most of it is favorable. Favorable enough that in 8 more days I get to pick mine up. ( I hate Commiefornia)

4. mt232

mt232 New Member

I typed it in the 1911 forum but nothing popped up. Thanks guys, I might get that one then. One of the guys at my local gun shop told me that company makes the ones Sig sales, not sure how accurate that is but thanks again for the input guys.

5. apowers1214

apowers1214 New Member

The sig and GSG come out of the same factory. My friend has the sig I have the GSG. She had to shoot 1,000 CCI to break hers in before using cheaper ammo. I just used whatever in my GSG and it shoots amazing. You can also find accessories for it at the site below. I love mine!
    www.cwaccessories.com

6. mt232

mt232 New Member

Cool, I'll check it out. Seems a lot of people like them, I'm shocked they are that good for such a low price

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

get the sig version. they are a little higher quality in fit finish plus the sig support is better. its the same gun.

8. mt232

mt232 New Member

I called and they said they didn't have any Sigs, I guess I will wait till more come in and check on the price

9. Dino1

Dino1 New Member

I have the Sig 1911-22.
    It's the same gun as the GSG.
    Sig just offers more finish and grip options.

[​IMG]

10. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

I have one and think it's a great concept. I'm also less than impressed with my own gun. Accuracy is okay, not great. I've seen three GSGs crap out (including my own) in under 1000rds each. And I only shoot with two other people than own them. Two broken guide rods, one busted barrel bushing. In each case suspect pieces simply broke in two.

I'm not going to say it's a terrible gun, and a lot of people seem to be happy with theirs. But my experience hasn't been positive.

I'll probably keep mine for the time being. But if I had it to do over again, I'd buy a Ruger or Browning target rimfire.

11. apowers1214

apowers1214 New Member

I had heard about the guide rods I got a metal one from cwaccessories.com. I have had good experiences with browning as well.

12. mt232

mt232 New Member

Thanks for the input guys, I'm definitely gonna rethink which gun I want to get

13. chucksolo69

chucksolo69 New Member

I had concerns about the GSG because of it's all Zinc Alloy construction, same with the Sig and Colt, althought the Colt is made by Walther and not GSG. I opted to go with the Browning 1911 .22 A1 because it is made of T6 7075 aircraft grade aluminum. I also like the feel of it. I had a Mosquito as well as a P22 and sold them both for the Browning. The Browning costs almost twice as much as the GSG, but I'll bet it lasts a life time. Plus, it breaks down EXACTLY like a standard 1911. Great training weapon for 1911 newbies.

14. Oblivion9

Oblivion9 New Member

I have GSG with 1500 rounds through with no problems.

Mine is showing lits of wear (scraping) under slide where it is rubbing on frame.

15. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

The GSG 1911 .22 is a great handgun. They do have a problem with the guide rods and spring. The rod guide breaks it seems around 1,000 shots. I ordered the GSG/SIG Rod Guide and spring from CW Accessories of Lancaster, Ohio. This is a top quality up grade and will last for ever. The service from CW is way above average. They cost $25.00.:)